Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Early Babies?

I found out this weekend that a coworker of mine who wasn't due until mid-September gave birth 5 weeks early on the 3rd.
-
Right after that I found out another coworker's pregnant daughter was spotting at 12 weeks.
-
Then my blood pressure started to rise (149/90) and my heart was racing (>100 for over 2 hours).
-
And THEN I found out one of my dearest friends (due also mid-September) was in the hospital all day yesterday and last night with contractions and 4 cm dilation.
-
This has not been a great week for the pregnant ladies...
... but so far everyone is stabilized.

My coworker's baby daughter is doing well.
The other coworker's daughter is still doing okay.
My blood pressure is quite a bit lower today - although my heart is still fast. I think that's just 'cause I'm married to such a hottie... don't tell him. ;)
And my girlfriend got through the night with no contractions and will probably be sent home today sometime. (Love you, Shiela!)
Praising a God who is always in control... how relaxing it is to not only admit but embrace the fact that I am not in charge. :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, it is very comforting to know that a loving, all powerful God is in control of these important issues in our lives:)

Unknown said...

Whoa! I had better send your gift right away! te he he
I'll be praying for safety and good health.
Love you.

Dianna said...

Oh my I'm also due mid Sept. Should I hold my breath maybe? What is it about Sept? Lots of people's due dates in that month of this year! Sure being fruitful and multiplying!

Dianna said...

p.s I just had to comment on how beautiful and stunning you look on the 25 wks preggo pic. !

Beth said...

Wow that is crazy. Glad to hear that everyone is doing ok as of now. That is so scary. As my countdown begins I am ready for the next 5 weeks to be overwith and for this baby to get here without a hitch. But, Yes the Lord is definatly in control and that is such a comforting thing!!!! Hope your blood pressure gets back down to normal....try not to stress out to much :-)

ByHISgoodGrace said...

So true...amen sister!

I agree with above comments, especially that you're an adorable 25 weeker! So cute.

Anonymous said...

God Bless you and your "peanut:):)" That's what we call our little girl who is due within days of you! I pry for both of you everynight. You don't know me, but your love of the Lord is SO compelling that you have becaome SUCH an inspiration to me:)

Anonymous said...

sorry I didn't check my spelling!