Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Blood Pressure Etc.

Hi everyone!
I went to see my doctor yesterday (FYI 5100 gang: it's Friggstand) and the the results are in: my blood pressure is much more stable and I haven't gained more weight (I later lost the previously blogged about 2 pounds and then a few). On the other hand, my resting pulse is still consistently over 100. For example, I got to work today - sat for about 20 minutes to 1/2 hour and it was clocked at 134.
Nice.
So my doctor put me on labetalol. For anyone not working with the elderly, click the word to find out what it does. (I think it's a pretty simple explanation.) The upside of this should be two-fold. I can hope to see my pulse drop below 100 - and I can say to my clients, "Hey, I take this med, too!" I'm sure it will bond us. ;-D (lol!)
(And for those who choose to read the FULL medication write up you'll see that it "may be harmful for your unborn baby"... I'm on a pretty low dose and the basic gist of the harm is that if it slows me down too much it can slow baby down too much. Right now, that isn't likely to happen, plus I'm daily monitoring my pulse and BP... just so you know I know. :))
So I'm pretty happy that I don't have to go off work. I mean I am happy as long as I'm not exhausted like I was today. :) But I got through... and I am optimistic enough that today I talked to my manager and booked a shift for the 23rd of October. Yes. One day before my scheduled induction. :) She laughed - but I figure I'll only be 38 weeks and my job isn't actually physically too demanding. And - and this is the total truth - it would probably be a great way to get my mind off what is to come. And talk about a payoff! "After I am done this shift I get to go to the hospital and have a baby!" :) (I'm all about rewarding myself... chuckle)
Thanks so, SOOOO much to all of you who are praying and asking for updates. For now my condition is labeled stable and I've no doubt it is due to the massive amounts of prayer coverage. :)
And a special thanks to all my friends on 5100 - I hope you guys know how much I appreciate you all. :) Kurt and I checked on Roseanne yesterday (she even showed us her scar!) and she gave us the ornament and gift you guys got for us. To say we were overwhelmed is an understatement. :) Thank you doesn't feel like enough - but I hope you know I mean it from the bottom of my heart. Only 2 months (and a few days) until I come visit! (Save me the Vic Room, okay? LOL!)
Thanks for reading everyone!

8 comments:

Amber said...

what a happy post :) so glad things are going so well. blessings today!

Hannah said...

I'm so glad to read this news! I've been checking often for an update. :)

Victoria said...

I never asked, and I don't remember reading--did you get gestational diabetes with this pregnancy? I'm glad to hear that the blood pressure thing is under control and that as of now, you don't have to quit working. I laughed to myself when I saw your comment about working up until the due date. Good luck with that :).

Sarah Robbins said...

I am sooooo glad to hear that things are okay! Keep doing what you're doing for that baby girl; I'm counting the days with you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kendall,
Just want you to know that we are praying for you and your baby. Take care of yourself and don't push it--okay? Last time we saw you we wanted to tell you our news but it was too early...but now we can. We're expecting again! Due in early March.
Take care!
Jackie

Vicki said...

So happy about the good update!! Things are moving along. I just looked at your ticker and it says 85 more days!! WOW!!! The time is flying by!!! :)
So glad to hear the happiness in you!!! Thinking about and praying for you all!!! {{{HUGS}}}

Dianna said...

Way to go. Good news!! As for me in my household we are struggling with sick children. Not fun not fun at all.

Anonymous said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and glad to hear things are going better this week! Take care!!