Thursday, August 7, 2008

About the Blood Pressure Issue

Today the doctor (not my regular doctor, but somebody in his practice) told me that I am starting to get into preeclampsia (also known as toxemia) territory. I guess my weight jumped 10 lbs in one month - and I haven't been eating that much! (chuckle)
That factor partnered with the high blood pressure and the racing heart rate - and a slight amount of protein in my urine has them a little bit concerned.
So strict orders are to stay off my feet, stay cool and drink LOTS of fluids for the next few days until I can see my regular doctor next Tuesday. Fortunately, I have no shifts until Wednesday at the earliest - so it doesn't inconvenience anyone too badly right now. But ultimately, he'll decided what is best for me and our baby girl next week - if I've bounced back then I'm sure the status quo will be fine. If not - then they may want me to quit work until the baby comes.
I'm really hoping and praying that I don't have to take the next two months off - that would sure make time drag (and two months of lost wages could cause a mind financial stumbling block... chuckle). But if that is the case, I know the Lord knows best. One thing I'm not so quick to do this pregnancy is to write things off as "fine".
So we really appreciate everyone's continued prayers for both me and the little peanut - and that Kurt will also be able to remain calm and rational. (He actually laughed out loud when the doctor told me no pickles... rolling eyes...) :)
I'm off to elevate my feet and drink a gallon of water (bladder - prepare thyself for a mighty onslaught...)
Have a good evening, everyone! :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm praying sweetie. Our gracious God is still in complete control. I dreamed about you last night. I woke up praying for you this morning. I love you, Kurt and the peanut.

Anonymous said...

We too are praying for you, Kurt & your little precious baby. Hope all is well.
Katrina Funk

Vicki said...

Praying for you Kendall and your precious bundle!! And for Kurt to stay calm!! :)

Maybe this is God's way of saying slow down a little and think of yourself. :) Enjoy a weekend of rest and we'll pray that everything is back to normal next week!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Anonymous said...

We'll definately being praying for all 3 of you.
I don't know what it would be like to be off for the rest of the pregnancy...although I have imaged it lately, and may God grant you the strength to do that which the dr thinks is best. We will pray that God would bring healing and the preeclampsia would go away.luv you.

Anonymous said...

praying for you both and little peanut too...always in our thoughts and prayers..
Jodi and Breezy in Melfort

P.S. LOVED you Rider picts with the Manz clan! I've been into school this week a bit and I miss Gord already...

Anonymous said...

I'll definitely keep you all in my prayers. Just think of it this way--for the next few days, you get to be completely lazy, and if you start to feel guilty, just remind yourself that it is DOCTOR'S ORDERS!

Anonymous said...

I feel as if we are on the same page. I am probably getting induced next week due to blood pressure. I got reminded by a friend of mine that God know the due date and will take care of everthing. I will be praying for you.
God Bless
Venessa Patkau

Anonymous said...

Thinking of and praying for you and your precious little one. Much, much love!