Saturday, October 17, 2009

October 17th

My dear daughter,
One year ago today the journey began. The journey that brought us to meet you: our child of joy restored and hope fulfilled.
We got the call and headed to the hospital - knowing (hoping and praying, actually) that the next time we walked through the door of our house we would have our little girl with us.
The first attempt at induction wasn't the most effective. Contractions - too weak to progress anything, but strong enough to make me very uncomfortable.
The waiting seemed endless. It was especially hard for your Daddy.
... as you can tell. (Sympathy pains, I think...) The nurses we so kind to let him stay with me in the hospital room overnight. I think they realized I was serious when I said (without malice), "If he goes, I go."
But feeling your strong and healthy movements inside me and hearing your heart on the monitor while seeing the nurse's positive and relaxed faces... it was all bearable for the hope of meeting you soon...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Praise God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carol said...

My children are older now, but I still relive my labours and deliveries every year on their birthdays!

I thought Peyton & Autumn's birthdays must be coming up. So many sad and happy memories for you!