Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Two Years

I miss you, Autumn.

My arms still ache to hold you. I can't believe I was able to let you go and walk away... let alone watch your casket being lowered into the earth. While I type, "Praise You in This Storm" is playing. Fitting...























This morning your sister cried at twenty-after-seven, and I thought, "What I wouldn't have given to hear that sound two years ago."

I'm so thankful for your life. Short as it was, it was given to us to enjoy. And we have been changed for the better because of you.

Happy birthday, my beautiful firstborn baby-girl.

I love you always and forever,
Mommy

6 comments:

Jen said...

Beautiful Kendall.
Thoughts and prayers for you.
J

Beth said...

Hope your heart finds comfort today. Thinking of precious Autumn today, and all that her life has brought to so many...much love on her 2nd b-day.

Carol said...

Thinking of you as you remember your precious Autumn.

Unknown said...

Sympathy tears...sending hugs and love your way...may our gracious Father continue to rain down mercy on your heart...I think Peyton will understand your sadness at the loss of Autumn..she can see how much mommy & daddy love her and it just makes sense that mommy & daddy loved Autumn just as much..she'll get it...and I bet she'll be happy to sit with you as you cry for the daughter you lost..Peytons sister.
Blessings my friend..

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of you and your precious Autumn... (((Hugs)))

Kathy

Anonymous said...

My heart aches for you. I look at you in wonder as you have been through so much and yet you continue to be such a warm and loving person. Autumn's short life has touched so many. She has touched me and changed me too, such a precious gift. If it wasn't for her I'd also be a different person. Thank you for sharing your journey. Take care.
Sheila J