Monday, October 5, 2009

How Did I GET Here???

So I'm 29...

*Sigh*

:)

But really?

The closeness of my birthday to the births of both my daughters really set the tone for each of the past two years. I just posted on facebook the reflection that my 27th year was the hardest of my life. By comparison, my 28th was so full of relief and restoration... it truly is like night and day for me. Look at the difference a year can make...I feel no less loved by God because of my 27th - in fact, the remembrance of my 27th is what gives me security and assurance for my 29th. I have no doubt He will hold me through whatever my future holds - because He already has proven Himself so strong.

"Because He lives -
I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives...
- all fear is gone.
Because I know -
HE holds the future.
And life is worth the living -
just because He lives..."

But so crazy that I'm almost 30, though...

8 comments:

Jen said...

I feel the same....hard years, beautiful years....
But at least I have a few more years before the big 30! ;)
Happy Birthday!

Mrs Manz said...

Awww... Jen! Thanks for rubbing it in! ;)
It's so good to have a few girls out there who understand in such an exact way... I'm thankful to count you as a friend (maybe one day we'll actually "meet"... chuckle!)

Victoria said...

God is good!

Hannah said...

It's not often that I say, "I know *exactly* what you mean." But I turned 30 only five days before Tabitha was born, so... I know exactly what you mean.

Prayers and blessing for the year ahead!

kelly ens said...

may this coming year be filled with more blessings and less trials!
ENJOY 29...i miss it already :)

Vicki said...

Oh Kendall, what an amazing journey - from sadness to joy - all in a year's time!! I was so touched by both of those pictures!
Your words often bring tears to my eyes and this was no exception!! Your faith continues to inspire me - I wish I could be as strong as you!!
Here's hoping that your 29th will be filled with much joy, laughter and love!!!
(And if it makes you feel better I'm in the last year of my 30's - imagine what I'll go through next September!?!?! GASP!!!! :O )

Unknown said...

Well Kendall darling, I have a great deal of sympathy for you because fo what you endured that October after your 27th birthday. And I envy the sweet surrender you have in God's hands because of it. No worries - you know He'll bring you through.
But I don't have any sympathy for you one year away from 30. I LOVED turning 30. Don't know why exactly but I did. And just so you know, -I'm turning 39 this year (in 4 days) so I'm sorry but the sympathy for the loss of your youth is just not there. :)
However, no matter what your age (like your mother) you'll stop aging at 30 anyway!!!
I love you!!

ByHISgoodGrace said...

You're beautiful...inside and out.
Been thinking about you for weeks and praying.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY...!