Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Arm Hurts

Thank you H1N1 immunization!

I am gonna feel really bad for my little girlie when she gets it because I (as not only an "adult", but a "health-care provider") understand why I'm waking up when I roll over onto my left arm. I simply hiss, "Ouucchhhh!", readjust my position, and go back to sleep.

It's gonna be a long couple of days if my daughter has the same level of discomfort. Hello baby tylenol!

Speaking of the virus I cannot make myself call "Swine Flu" (p-touie!):
Need some accurate, credible, and non-media biased info on the virus?
Check out this link (even you, my American friends, 'cause I watch your media too and it's awful about this!):

www.fightflu.ca

Lots of good info: including the truth about the vaccine and the so-called "new" way of preparing it (which I recently learned has been used with success in Europe's regular flu-vaccine since 1997) and who it is and is not safe for. The Public Health Agency of Canada is about as unbiased as you can get... so I trust this info. It isn't the prettiest website (government), but you should be able to find the answers to your questions. Hope it helps!

Speaking of the dread virus: I've been "trained" to assist with the mass public immunizations starting the week of November 16th. They know there aren't enough Public Health Nurses - so they've recruited more of us to work with them. Good times! (tongue in cheek)

All joking aside - I really am admiring my health regions proactive approach to this pandemic. And they should be prepared, you know. We've been expecting one of these for over 10 years... it's nice to see it pay-off in an organized and methodical fashion. Well done, PAPHR! :)

Alrighty then: thanks for bringing the counter over 80,000. Amazing! :)

4 comments:

Mrs Manz said...

Oh - and I forgot to mention that if you DO look at the link and find it helpful and feel so inclined get the information out there on your blog or facebook. We need some calm, rational information to circulate out there so that whether getting the vaccine or not, people have GOOD information with which to make their decision.
Okay - off my soapbox for a while. ;-D

Victoria said...

Yeah, you'd think that it's the ebola virus the way the media hypes it here. People are jumping on the bandwagon and completely freaking out. I have yet to ever get even a seasonal flu shot. I guess I just haven't ever felt the necessity to (I can't remember the last time I had the flu). No decision yet on whether we'll get this vaccine.

Jen said...

BOTH my arms hurt today. Both flu shots...BOOO!

Unknown said...

Thanks for this. I was at school with the kids today and was grossed out by all the coughing and sneezing all over everything. I can't believe we're not already sick. God's grace.
At any rate I'm glad to get good info. I know it's likely just a matter of time...tick - tick- - tick...:)