Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I'm back!

I was amazed at how many people the counter has counted since my last post. Thanks for reading, everyone... especially since I haven't posted for a while!

Kurt got back into town late Friday night, we went out for a quick bite to Boston Pizza (never too late for a Beef Dip!) and early Saturday morning we were up, packing, and headed to the farm to drop off Oscar - eat lunch with my folks and then head to Lloydminster.

My cousin, Tasha, and her husband and two kids fed and entertained us for that evening (thanks again, guys!) and Sunday morning (after a WalMart pit-stop) we headed for Edmonton for the big games!

The results: Mexicans are crazy-type fans! Especially when they win (over New Zealand)... and Canadian fans didn't do too poorly - although we lost (to Congo). :) It also poured - but Sheldon got great seats and being just under the overhang of the stadium, we were out of the rain... chilly but not wet! The funny part was that FIFA won't let umbrellas in the stadium - so they had confiscated ours before we went in... only they weren't ours - they were Tasha's... and we never got them back. (lol) (So another trip to good-old WalMart to replace them... chuckle). The picture below is the Canadian team during the national anthem. (Which we all stood and sang.) The stadium actually had about 30,000 people there - they were just all on our side because the cameras were on the other side of the stadium... so the people who sold the tickets wanted to fill our side first.... the other side had lots - just not as many as our side!

It was a great time with friends... and then we all headed out to one friend's grandparents house to crash for the night - after snacks and games. Not wanting to set up our tent in the rain, we slept in the house - while our brave friends all slept outside by the pond... Kudos to all of you! :) But I was happy to wake up warm and dry... :)

Monday morning Kurt and I hit Ikea (thank you Sweden) where we weren't able to find a change table, but Kurt got Swedish chocolate (almost as satisfying) and I got a couple of candles... I picked up a few things at Old Navy Maternity... we had lunch at the Olive Garden - and then back to Llloyd to pick up the crib - a nice crib that will be a pleasure to accessorize. :) The picture below is from the game - black and white so it doesn't look so wet and cold. ;)

After reluctantly turning down my cousin's offer of roast-beef supper, we then drove all the way to the farm to pick up our dog (having a roast-pork supper with mom and dad), and then all the way home.

I don't even want to describe what my ankles looked like that night. :) Suffice to say: I've never had pitting edema ever, but Monday night it was at least 2+ (my nursing friends will know what that means). What it means is that when I pressed down on the skin, it stayed down, and didn't pop back up for a LONG time. Ugh.

So Tuesday and today were gallons of water (I'm not exaggerating) and cranberry juice... reduced salt... and mucho-elevation. I think my feet are getting better... but maybe it is just wishful thinking. :)

To answer Jaime's question in my earlier post: I've not started yet with the scrapbook... but I'm better organized in thought than I was before I left. I have the time line complete and just need to have the time to spread out somewhere and get started. My friend, Crystal, gave me the idea of digital scrap booking... and I suppose that is an option if I need for later.

Anyway, tonight I'm going to watch Kurt play soccer - hopefully the bugs won't be too bad - and maybe I'll take a few pictures. Maybe.

I have to post something, after all! :)

Oh - by the way - here is a profile picture (finally) for those who wanted a clear view of how the belly is doing. Kurt took it yesterday. It never fails to amaze me how tired I'm looking these days (even in the picture at the game with Kurt). It's like my eyes have forgotten to smile, or something. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally empathsize with you about your swelling...I had it horrendously my last 2 months. A 4+, actually on that scale, or so the nurses told me. It became quite painful actually and I couldn't sit for more than few minutes at a time. I could only wear 1 pair of shoes, too, these awful flip flops that I should burn, since I was so swollen! The good news is that it does go away, within a few weeks after you deliver. And it is so worth it, trust me. But you will always value and treasure your ankles like never before ;)

Mrs Manz said...

The swelling seems to have gone down... but I can tell when the day is going to be hotter (like today)... 'cause I feel puffy - and start drinking tons of water again. :)Which leads to other "side effects"... (lol)

Victoria said...

Yay! Pregnant Kendall :). I think all pregnant women look tired all the time. It doesn't help that our faces get fatter. I think it makes us look less cheerful--we can't smile as big as we used to :).

I've gotten used to my swollen feet. They are getting worse (even less shoes fit me), but I'm just glad that it's only my feet, not any other part of my body. I never liked my feet anyway :). It really doesn't bother me that much since it doesn't hurt. It just looks funny...

Victoria said...

By the way, when you said you took your dog to the farm, my first thought was that you put your dog to sleep. I don't know if they use that phrase in Canada, but that's what it means here when someone says their pet went to the farm. I'm glad Oscar is still alive :).

Mrs Manz said...

LOL! I think I've heard "bought the farm" up here... Yeah - I'm glad he's still alive, too... although he did try to eat my flowers today... ;)