Saturday, July 21, 2007

And the Child Groweth...

At our prenatal appointment on Wednesday the doctor told me that although I am only 27 weeks, I was measuring 29 (according to the symph-fundal height). He then paused, looked at Kurt, then me, and said, "This is going to be a big baby." That would be the maiden-side genetics coming out, I suppose. I was nearly 9lbs and both my brothers were over that...

Gulp.

That said, I'm so thankful that the Lord is allowing this little one to grow steadily and strongly... today at the hairdressers I felt the baby do what felt like a somersault - my stomach visibly shook even under the hairdresser cape! :) Strange sensation - but with every movement I'm filled with joy and amazement that there really is a baby in there!

I found a cartoon that fits how I'm feeling today in this heat: Made me laugh out loud and thought I'd share it...


Happy +29 (35 with the humidity) July 21st, everyone! Stay hydrated and keep your ankles up!

3 comments:

Julie Cortens said...

My babies were all big - Paul 9lbs 6 oz and was my easiest delivery. The big ones just plow their way through, eat more and sleep longer! What more could you ask for? Keep those feet up. Drink water.

Anonymous said...

Ha! FINALLY I can post to your site!! Anyway, all I want to say is to listen to Julie!
You can't help genetics! ;-D
Love you,
Mom xxxxxooooo

Victoria said...

Hmm, maybe that means he/she will come early? I hope for your sake Baby Manz does...