Friday, July 6, 2007

Please Pray















Hi everyone,
I found this link on my friend Melissa's blog this morning... I've spent some time reading and tears are welling up feeling for this mom. Maybe it is just because I can identify with her heartbreak over this sick child... and mine isn't even born yet! Pictured is a little girl named Olivia - "Livie" for short... and I copied it from her mom's blog. What a sweetie, huh?
If you trace her blog back to the start - before her little girl was sick (pre-March 2006) - she is so much like me... and I'm sure like others. Excited for a happy marriage, a house, and a beautiful daughter that she and her husband had struggled to conceive...
But her little girl isn't doing so well right now... leukemia is wreaking havoc. Mom is also a Christian (attached to the CJ Mahoney Sovereign Grace Churches according to Melissa). If you can - spend a little time reading and getting to know this family - and please pray. Not only that God would heal this child... but that her mom and dad would be able to bear up under this trial and glorify God, no matter the results.
Mom updates the blog quite regularly... and since Livie has been in the hospital for 118 days straight... that is quite the feat. Here is the link

5 comments:

Mrs Manz said...

I just re-checked the blog and the family is taking her off life-support. So if you are praying, please pray specifically for her mom (Emily) and dad (James) that God would sustain them through this.
I am - truly - crying at this moment... but believing in a sovereign God - I think I found out about this situation, and started praying at a time and place where I was supposed to... and He'll use those prayers as he sees fit. Even if He just teaches me something about who He is for my own life circumstances.

Unknown said...

kendall i'm totally the same way! i read her blog from start to finish a few months ago and have been hooked on it every since. especially as a mom, doesn't your heart just break? i'm so sad right now knowing that they took her off of life support. can't imagine what they're going through!! so glad that you posted on her website too. you're so sweet!

Mrs Manz said...

Thanks Melissa... I really do SO appreciate you putting this link on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi kendall, I have gone to the link and I think I will have to go through it when I can take the time to go through slowly. I read the last 5 or 6 posts.
Without knowing that God is completely holy,and completely sovereign I cannot imagine how anyone would go through something so difficult. Even with the truth ringing in your heart and head, this would be something only God could bring you to terms with.
Thanks for posting this honey, I will certainly pray for this family.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this, Kendall, I'll certainly pray for all of them today - my heart just breaks thinking about it.
Could you please post this on LOL (or would you mind if I do)?