Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Pregnancy Poops Me Out!

Kurt took this picture yesterday. I'll consider this a "humility" and "death-of-vanity" post... lol! Could that smile be any weaker? :-D
On a bright note: I
clearly felt a little heel last night - twice. The baby shifted, and then stuck his/her little foot up so that I could trace it. It was about 1.5-2 inches long and I laughed out loud when I felt it. I "tickled" it and then the baby moved away... but came back for a second tickle 10 minutes later. What a delight for my weary spirit! :)

This morning I was cuddling with Kurt and he felt the baby kick his back - the movements are getting much stronger... I'm so thankful! He (Kurt) has an ultrasound machine for use on pigs - so I tested it out on me yesterday (to make sure it works, wink-wink!) and sure-enough... there was our little kiddo - napping for once... but with his/her hands up by the face and looking like a real baby. (I won't be doing that much more... but it was sure fun to try at home!)

Anyway, I was praising God for the "heel" last night, and because I couldn't sleep (despite the picture's indications of exhaustion) I spent time praying for this little one... and his/her mommy! There are so many responsibilities looming ahead of us in the next few months... but God will sustain us - of that I have no doubt!

But wow - how
did I get so pregnant-looking in such a short time?!? :)

BTW: Check out the cute link on Julie's blog this morning... I chuckled but almost teared up... these crazy hormones! :)

6 comments:

Victoria said...

Yes, the days of vanity are over :). How fun that you could feel a heel. Ours never stuck her foot straight out. It's usually the side of her leg. She still does it and then moves when we touch it. She also likes to stick her bum out. At least that's what I think it is--her head is down, so I know it's not that :).

Anonymous said...

Ahhh little girl, I a praying for you too-also when I cannot sleep.
And I think you are beautiful.
So there you are...
Love,
Mom xxxxxooooo

Anonymous said...

Come to think of it...I remember YOUR little feet and fists making me quite uncomfortable, AND kicking Daddy too.
Hmmmm...like mother like...??
I'm smiling as I think of you.
Love,
Mom xxxxxooooo

Anonymous said...

You look GREAT, Kendall:) And I'm glad Oscar is on the mend...and what a cute puppy! If they stayed like that, I'd probably get one to play with my cat...
Just out of curiosity, why does Kurt have an ultrasound machine for pigs?
Jaime:)

Mrs Manz said...

Hi Jamie,
He uses it to check the back-fat levels for animals... the heavier they are the harder gestation is for them... and the piglets don't do as well. So he can direct the producer to increase/decrease her condition based on the results. Good question, though. :)

Mrs Manz said...

Arrgh!Jaime, I'm so sorry! I spelled your name wrong - my fingers just spit that out... sorry! :)