Thursday, July 3, 2008

The (Actual) Due Date

I keep having to look at our baby counter and subtract 14 days. (Because of an induction at 38 weeks.) :)
Praising God for the number 113!
And yes - I changed the ticker again. I like this baby better - and thanks to Andrea I figured out a way to make it say more than just "Kendall's Baby". I like to include Kurt - since he had a fairly significant part in her... um... making. (chuckle)

I'm starting to remember clearly what it was like during my 2oth-30th week with Autumn... and in a lot of ways that is making the gap between her and her little sister feel even smaller. Lots of mixed emotions about that...

Kurt has been enjoying our new satellite - he's been watching the Fox network and the fever pitch is really starting to come on regarding the American election in November.
Anyway, on this one show that he really likes (sidebar):

(Hannity and Colmes - they write it that way. One is a republican and the other a democrat - things often get a little heated, which is always interesting to observe. I'm not sure which color represents which group, but there is the information anyway...)

(sidebar ended):
they do a constant "(blank) many days until the election" in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.

My point is this: November 4th will seem like it comes up quick to the rest of us in the world... big events like that always do. The countdown just continues on whether you realize it or not.

For example: August 8th will be here in no time! It feels like China just got awarded the 2008 Olympics... and they're just around the corner. Oh... rhythmic gymnastics to my heart's content! Just kidding. I'm actually looking forward to soccer. :)

But anyway...I hope my big event feels like it comes up "that soon"...

Perspective, I guess. So far, so good... working is really good. I woke up this morning and thought, "What the hey?? It's July 3rd!" I really thought that. :) But my June (thanks to working lots) went by really quickly.

Today we're painting the nursery. I use "we" loosely. Kurt is. I'm "supporting". I'll post pictures soon...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So does this mean your actual due date is 10/24/08? That's just 12 days after my birthday! :)

Unknown said...

How come you are having an induction at 38 weeks?

Mrs Manz said...

because they won't let me go overdue again... probably going to be the same way for all future pregnancies, too (Lord willing)

Hannah said...

I'm so glad the doctors are going to induce you at 38 weeks. I too will be induced early for any future pregnancies, and that give me a small measure of (human) reassurance and peace.

I hope the next few months pass quickly for you and Kurt.

Anonymous said...

Tell Kurt YEAAAHHHH for FOX (our favorite news station) as not Liberal like the rest!!! And yes I pray for good ol Alan Colmes :) Hope you are enjoying H.C. Kendall, it's a nice change is what I find and a little less stress. Take care and we pray for all the Manz's often