Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Waskesiu

We made it back!
Some pictures to share...
Kurt in the shirt my folks brought him back from Hawaii. He's been waiting eagerly for appropriate "vacation" time to wear it. :) I had a few pictures where he was trying to blow on his own chest to simulate wind movement... but I think he wouldn't think those were okay for the blog. So instead you get the sexy "normal" pose! :)Dad, Kiley and Kurt playing football in the water. Dad likes to remind Kiley he's still bigger - Kurt just stays out of the way... (chuckle)Yours truly. I did go more into the water a few days later. I have burn... er.... tan to prove it. I felt like the most clothed person on the beach! (And it was HOT!)
Cody also managed to come up for a few days. He, Kurt and Dad spent more time in the water playing football, swimming and goofing around. On a side note (with no pictures to prove it) I also went into the water and pitched the ball around a bit. (The water is great - no risks of falls makes for worry-free play.) Later in the day, a lady came up to me and complimented me on my football skills. It was a high point for my vacation. ;-D I had to take a few Tylenol later, though. A few unused muscles were complaining about the workout...

BTW (in case anyone is wondering): I changed the baby ticker to reflect our countdown - October 24th - the day we plan to be induced. Keep praying for us - each day with this little girl carries the joy of anticipation and the anxiety of the unknown. :) We love her so much... and find tremendous comfort in the knowledge that our Lord is still knitting her together. She's super-duper strong - she is shaking my whole tummy with some kicks. My mom got a chance to feel her at Waskesiu - but she was being playful with my dad and wouldn't move at all. Funny child...
And... I think we've come up with a name. Finally. I won't be sharing until she's born - but Kurt and I have been rolling it around on our tongues for a week or so - and we think we've found one that has stuck. I wasn't sure I would be able to find a name I liked as much as Autumn - but this one really strikes me as a great name. So thankful!

Blessings and good evening...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, so exciting about the name! Now I'm going to be constantly wondering what it is, though ...

Looks like a wonderful vacation. I hear you about being the most clothed--last summer I had to wear a t-shirt and shorts to the pool, and people stared at me like I'd grown another head. I felt like pointing to my stomach and saying: "You try wearing a normal bathing suit when you're seven months pregnant!"

I bought a maternity bathing suit the next week, though :)

Holly said...

Kendall,

Thanks for posting - I've been praying for you and your little girl often - I think of you guys through the night a lot - wihich is strange considering I do not know you. But it really stirs me to pray. so I do.

I so happy you found a name. Funny, as I was reading this blog - I was wondering if you had chosen a name. Names are so important. I'd like to share the names of my children. and a little about why I chose each.

Ezra James age 8, Ezra was a prophit and mighty man of God. James was a dear friend of our family

Grace Isabelle - the Lord is so so good, His GRACE overwhelmes me to tears often - Isabelle is my husbands grandmother

a miscarriage followed Grace, we refer to this child as Thomas - my father's name. I was fourteen weeks pregnant when we found out he died.

Elliana Conner who just turned three. Elliana is Hebrew and means "my Lord has answered" We call her Ellie. Conner was my maiden name.

Isaac Brian - 15 months. Isaac means "he laughs" My husband had a vasectomy after we had Elliana, so we didn't expect another blessing - we laughed for about four months after finding out we found out I was pregnant with him. so we felt that Isaac was very appropriate. Brian is my husband's name.

Lot's of info. from someone you don't know - I hope you don't mind that I'm sharing. You have opened up your life via your blog so it's wierd at times, you seem like a friend.

I'm always encouraged by you. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings to you and your family!

Holly said...

oh, rereading I see I didn't post Grace's age - she just turned 7.

:)

Unknown said...

Glad you were able to get away for some fun! I'm still praying for you all...and praising God for the blessings!

Amber said...

hee hee, laughing at the 'vacation' shirt! :) very funny!!

so glad that you had a nice getaway! and that you found a possible NAME for your beauty!!! very exciting! i LOVE trying to find a name...although it seems overwhelming at times :) all the best! you are looking beautiful!

Megan said...

That name better be Megan :)

Norma said...

Looks like fun!