Monday, September 29, 2008

Autumn's Headstone

We're very pleased with how it turned out - both quality of workmanship and the overall appearance. We had a surprise when we came home from church and noticed it in the graveyard... we weren't expecting it to be delivered for another month.

But - and this is the truth - I feel such a sense of satisfaction that it's there and it says what we want it to say. Who she was and what happened. How we feel about losing her. Trusting the One who has held us up. I feel that we've done something for her - and I really needed that.

It's the first time I've visited the graveyard since October 26th last year... and it was perfect. For this I praise God.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

It's beautiful...I want to come see it in person..It's a witness to others that you could put that quote from Job on there. Our God is amazing. I'm glad you're ok. I'll be thinking of and praying for you on the 21st.

Victoria said...

The wording is perfect. Blessed be His name forever!

kelly ens said...

It's beautiful! i agree..the wording is perfect.

Hannah said...

I was going to ask you about what you had put on the stone after you mentioned it a short time ago. But here it is! And it looks beautiful.

Tabitha's should be in by the end of October. I can't wait to see it in place. I know what you mean about this being what you can DO for your daughter--joy comes in unexpected ways.
Praying for you in your travels and for the next few weeks!

Anonymous said...

It really is beautiful, Kendall.

Beth said...

It is very beautiful....Glad it got there before her 1 year birthday.

Anonymous said...

Kurt and Kendall,

I'm so glad you guys are pleased with how it turned out.
It's absolutely beautiful and perfect - just as she was!

Cherie said...

Kendall, It is just Perfect. It turned out so good! Thank-you for sharing this with all of us. Blessings over the next few weeks.
Praying for you both.

Jen said...

It's beautiful.

Norma said...

That is so beautiful and sweet, Kendall.

Anonymous said...

It is very nice . . . peaceful. The wording is lovely.

Andrea Zimmer