Monday, September 8, 2008

Post 4 of 9 (whoops!) - September 7th-13th

So I think I missed last week's "weekly post". Oh well - it just feels like I lost a week- which in this case isn't a bad thing. :)
We've been pretty busy - in a good way, I think.
I had a good friend from nursing get married on the 1st (yes, a Monday) and we bought a few more things for the nursery (pink-ish things... not too much - but boy - does it ever look good on that dark plumb colour!).
I opened up Autumn's box of clothes and blankets and washed everything for the new baby. That has been good - I never saw her wear any of it - or use any of it... so with a fresh perspective I can once again fold them and prepare my heart to place them on our baby girl.
We also officially ordered/signed the contract for Autumn's headstone. That accomplishment really pleases me. I felt in some strange way as though I could finally do something for her. It's been a long year in so many ways... yeah. A year. I'll post pictures of it as soon as we get it placed. And - because I haven't blogged about this it may surprise some of you - with it's placement I'll probably visit her grave for the first time. I never have. I've stood at the edge of the cemetery - and each time I drive by it I strain my eyes to see her spot - but I've never been able to go in and stand there. I think the headstone will really hit it home that my baby is buried there. It is her mark. I won't ever have kindgergarten crafts or diplomas... so this is the place where we will declare, "She was here. She was real. She was ours." We're hoping it will be delivered and placed before the new baby arrives.
On a brighter note: Our very dear friends had their baby girl on Saturday - congratulations again, you two! (or, you three as the case is now.) This is the friend that almost could have delivered 4 weeks ago - but she held on. Baby K.L.M (hey, same initials as me!) entered the world early Saturday morning. We are so, so thrilled for them... but with that thrill comes the anticipation of, Lord willing, it being our turn in 7 weeks.
We got a chance to visit them in the hospital on Sunday. She is the first newborn we've held since our own. It was emotional - but really a good experience for us both. I had wondered how Kurt would do - but after we sat there for a while he asked, "So... can I see what a seven pound one ounce baby feels like?" :) I feel like my heart's prayer has been since then a simple, "Please, please, Lord?"
And that about wraps it up for today. I'll try to get another post in this week... hopefully. :) I'll be attempting to scrapbook some more pages - but that is also a "hopefully"... the stuff is spread all over our desk - so it isn't too hard to undertake. We'll see...
Thanks for reading, everyone!

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Oh Kendall - tears are running down my cheeks. I struggle with what I want to say. I just wish I could give you a real hug - I hope that doesn't sound creepy!! ;) I feel in my heart that your "Please, please Lord" will have such a joyous answer!! My family prays for it daily!!!
{{{HUGS}}}

Unknown said...

I'm praying "Please, please" too. I am glad you were able to have the joy of holding another newborn - though not your own YET. I'm praising God for your heart. It is his work alone that has you where you are..able to have joy. I hope this doesn't sound weird but I really want to go to Autumns grave and just sit and reflect and thank God for all that He has done in my life because of her death I'm amazed at the impact your family has had on my heart..my life..my family. Again, praising God for you.

Unknown said...

Kendall, I too, am praying for God's grace on you and your husband as you prepare to receive His wonderful gift to you in your little one. I am so thankful you know His love for you all.

Mrs Manz said...

Love you guys - thanks for your comments and prayers. :)