Friday, September 19, 2008

Post 5 of 9 (September 14-20)

The logic of the count is that I'll be posting the 9th the week we GO for induction. Like - this morning I'm 33 weeks - and that means I have five FULL weeks left to go. Just in case anyone was confused.

Kurt's been super-busy with harvest: he's been working consistent 12-15 hour days driving truck for the farmer he's working for. He's really enjoying it - even with the sleep deprivation. Last night when he got home (at 0030) I was actually still kinda awake so he showered in our bathroom (versus the one out by the kitchen) and then we half-consciously held hands until we fell asleep about 30 seconds later. Ahhh... the romance of harvest combined with the ardor of pregnancy... (lol!)

I hadn't mentioned it yet - but we get to have another ultrasound next week. I'm pretty excited - because normally we only get one at 18 weeks and if baby is fine then it is unnecessary to have others. But with our history the doctor thought it would be a good idea to check her out. The actual reason on the referral form? "Maternal reassurance". I'll take that. :) The smallest benefit of this would be making sure she really is a girl. :) The biggest delight is going to be seeing our baby at almost 34 weeks. I hope she's really active and I can figure out the parts that have been moving so much. I remember the huge difference it made with Autumn between the 18 week and 30 week ultrasound. Like: the difference between alien and human child (snicker). So that is exciting for both of us - pretty major understatement, that one. (grin)

I've also started begging off of shifts. (sigh) The waddle is getting more pronounced - as is the shortness of breath. That isn't anything I can't cope with at home - but getting in and out of the car and in and out of people's houses is acutely exhausting. Plus my pulse is still pretty volatile. Again - I can control it at home (when I feel it picking up I do the pregnancy equivalent of a full-stop: sit down, recline, feet up) but at work there isn't as much of an option for that. I would much rather control it with lifestyle than drugs... so fortunately I have a great group of coworkers who are really understanding.

Just so you can see how big I've gotten I'll post my 32 week picture (from last Friday). It's getting to the point where even I am wondering how big I'll be in another 5 weeks... zoiks. I've only gained 20 lbs - and have 5 weeks go... so that is actually really good (normal gain is 35-40 lbs) - but all I am is tummy and bum. Yes - I wrote bum on my blog. (grin) But I was definitely starting behind the 8-ball with this pregnancy because I hardly lost any weight from my pregnancy with Autumn. Lord willing, I'll have the time and energy and initiative to be healthy in the weight loss after this baby comes: not getting pregnant again 4 months after delivering this baby will probably help. (small smile)

To illustrate the delightful inconvenience of all this: Yesterday I had to take the truck for fuel and some groceries and my tummy touched the steering wheel - that doesn't happen in the car because of the telescopic steering column. Not a great thing when thinking about air bags... but for this, also, I trust God. :) But the point isn't so much that my tummy touched as that my feet almost didn't. (lol!) Hard to drive when you can't reach the pedals! Probably the last time I'll drive the truck until the baby is born...

32 weeks and counting...

Thanks for reading and praying, everyone...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kendall, even huge you are seriously the most beautiful pregnant woman I've ever known. I managed to keep my weight gain good until the last trimester, and then I just turned into a blimp. I think I blocked out of my memory how much weight I ACTUALLY gained--but I know it was way too much for a little 6.4 baby.

I keep coming back here to check your baby counter to see how much longer you have to go! I'm so excited for you guys--I probably won't get this excited again until my cousin is counting down the days until her baby. :)

Mrs Manz said...

People need to stop saying stuff like that lest my head swell like the rest of my body. Ha-ha-ha! (I thought that was clever...)
Seriously, though - thanks Louise - for your excitement, commiseration and encouragement. :) Love you...

Unknown said...

OK, so don't worry about losing the after baby weight. She'll suck it right out of you. Seriously, Jack and Luke both ate so many calories from my body I was actually skinnier after giving birth than before I got pregnant! Now, I realize this is not the case for many women. But I'm praying BManz2 is a voracious eater and that nursing goes off without a hitch..and if that happens, you'll lose the weight without even trying. :)

Unknown said...

Oh, and I forgot to say that your hair looks great! It's so long and healthy looking. You've got a certain glow about you. :) And who cares if your head swells!!!! Live a little! :)

Beth said...

Looking great...only 5 weeks left!!!! So excited for you!!!!

Mrs Manz said...

Thanks Laur. :)
And I also have high hopes for the whole nursing process... sheesh. I spent how many months helping how many women do it. I hope I haven't forgotten too much...
My hair hardly grew at all during my pregnancy with Autumn. I know because I was TRYING to grow it out. There is definitely something different about this pregnancy. Like I said - we'll double-check in the ultrasound. :)And the glow? I think I'm overheated. (big grin)
But thanks for your encouragement. :)

Sarah Robbins said...

You are positively GLOWING!!! Good job taking care of yourself and that sweet little girl. . . Can't wait to hear how things are next week. You will have to post some non-alien pictures for those of us non-parents that try to ooh and ahh over the freaky little things. . . I'd like to see a human one too!

Unknown said...

Bum is so much nicer word than the American word for it which doesn't seem appropriate to this blog. so happy you are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl!!!
Looking hot!
You did say the "b" word on your blog, but I think you should add the other "b" word instead, and yes I'm going to say it...boobs:) Personally, it's neat to finally have some;)
It's truely amazing how God created our bodies to grow and nurture these little ones.
So looking foward to meet your precious little girl!!!
luv,
shiela

Anonymous said...

Hello to you three! A big shout out from Luseland. Just wanted to say hi - sounds like you are enjoying your new home and job - so happy for you. You are radiant - I only hope that when I am pregnant I will look half as good.

Love reading your blog,

Love always - your friend,
Andrea Zimmer