Monday, September 15, 2008

Three Shows

Satellite TV has really expanded my viewing options. My three favorite shows are:

1) The Dog Whisperer on National Geographic: and Caesar really rocks! He actually had a BoerBoel on there the other day - a big chunk of dog. I realized it isn't just our dog being a wussy - big dogs often are super-dooper insecure. Oscar is a big wimp. He is afraid of the lawn mower. (rolling eyes). So anyway, Kurt and I are both trying to practice our positive energy with Oscar and other canines. :-D

2) John & Kate Plus 8 on The Learning Channel: Wow. If you haven't seen that show - watch it. Wow. (thanks for the tip, Ruthie! :-D)

3) The Factor with Bill O'Riley on FOX: Strange, huh? At first I thought he was straight up obnoxious. He is, actually. But I get a good laugh because he is so sure of himself. :) "Caution: You are entering a no-spin zone!" (big grin)

I'm still working on Autumn's album, by the way. It's kinda like nesting... but rather than being physical labor I'm finding it a real emotional undertaking. I think the worst is over, though. I got the journaling all done regarding the day before and of her birth. It took about 4 pages - but well-spaced pages with pictures. Now my plan is to just do some photo pages. The hard part is that I keep thinking of extra things to put in the album... I'm not really sure where to draw the line. I think my instincts are saying "just go" and when it's done - I'll know it. But I only have 5 weeks, 3 days before induction... so I better "go" hard just in case I think of more stuff to put in there.

I'm also in quite a bit of physical discomfort. I'm not dilated or anything like that - but I think that the bones "down there" are starting to relax - which - ironicly - does not cause the rest of me to do so. I am even having trouble getting out of bed in the morning - and wake up each time I move in bed because my lower back and legs are aching so much. Yaaaayyyy.... Fortunately, this coincides well with the shifts for work not being too heavy - so I'll try to rest and... elevate?... for the next week.

Okay - gotta go - my dog is pacing back and forth on the deck because a big grain-truck just rolled by. (sigh.) I must rescue him before his tail gets any further between his legs... lol. :)

11 comments:

Dianna said...

I found raspberry tablets work for that kind of problem. I had the same aches and pains and took ALOT of herbal raspberry tablets.
If we would've had a girl we had decided to name her Autumn. But we had our precious baby boy Nate. We are truly blessed and grateful for a healthy baby. I wish for you the same. [A healthy baby, that is]
I just finished writing about my labour on my blog

ByHISgoodGrace said...

Hey!
One thing I recently did because I am so behind in my boys' journals/baby books. I went and printed out emails that I sent to my husband's overseas family about that particular child. It has so much info in there that I just wouldn't remember. You can print up some of what you wrote in your blog posts. Just a suggestion.
It might not look as pretty, but I'm sure you can scrap the text to look nice and fit in with the pages. They all look great by the way.
Praying for you.

Anonymous said...

I love John and Kate Plus Eight!!! Though I can't imagine doing that myself!! :)
I totally relate with the aches and pains!!! As one of my friends says "It ain't glamorous!". :)
I've loved seeing the pages you've shared of Autumn's book; they are really beautiful and such a great way to remember and love her! Thanks for sharing them!

Much love!!

Victoria said...

I used to watch "Jon and Kate..." but Erik can't stand that show. He doesn't like how she berates her husband week after week. I know having 8 kids can test your patience, but the more I watched it, the more it bothered me. I don't watch it anymore. The kids certainly are cute though.

I don't miss the aches and pains of the final days of pregnancy. You're just gonna have to give yourself more time to get ready in the morning now :). Less than 8 weeks to go!

Mrs Manz said...

Yeah - they both tend to get a little snarky with each other in high-stress situations.(chuckle) She's so high-strung.
Part of my fascination with the show is that it reminds me that someone is always watching - even if no human eyes are around - could I ever claim to be super-wife? Nope. :)
It's like I'm learning from their mistakes... and no one is following me around with a camera - for which I am VERY grateful.

Victoria said...

Yes, high-strung is a good way to put it. I too am grateful to not have a camera following me. I certainly wouldn't want my sin on display for the whole country (multiple countries) to see!

Kelsie-Lynn said...

I am a big fan of both the Dog Whisperer and Jon & Kate. But I am pretty sure our dog hates it when we watch the dog whisperer since afterwards we always try out Caesars newest tip on him :)

The pictures you shared of Autumn's album are beautiful. I agree you will know when to stop so just go :)

Hope your aches and pains are a bit less today. Thinking of you often.

Norma said...

So is Oscar really a BoerBoel? I dont't think I have heard that term before.

I hope you are feeling less achy and the last few weeks go fast! Soon you will hold your beautiful daughter in your arms. I continue to pray that all goes well.

Unknown said...

We really liked the Dog Whisperer too. I practice being calm every time I take Trin out! She's the best dog I've ever owned but I still have a long way to go as an owner. We almost bought a BoerBoel. I didn't know anyone else had ever heard of them. I was told it's a South African Mastiff. I have been too lax in socializing Trin with oter dogs. I need to go to the dog park with her. The weather is getting nicer. I'll start soon.

Mrs Manz said...

I think he's just a bullmastiff.But a boerboel is a South African mastiff - they're mega huge.Oscar is pretty well socialized thanks to Kiley and Jessica's dogs - he can't understand why all dogs don't want to just play with him. :)

Pamela Goosen said...

Hey little lady!! Glad to hear that you're only 5 weeks and 3 days away from holding your little one in your arms...I'll be praying for you!! Hang in there! Lots of love!!
Pam