Monday, September 29, 2008

On Another Note...

I'm off to Regina for a few days for my last nursing related event before the baby comes. It's a 4-hour drive (or 4 and 3-quarter hour drive according to google maps)- so I'm hoping to get away by 3pm so I can get there by 6 - 6:30. Not to mention drive in daylight through whitetail deer country... You should be able to click all those links and find out some extra details I'm not willing to type out right now. :)

I'm not that eager to go by myself - but the guy Kurt is working for has just over a week left for harvest (Lord willing) so he's going to stay and make sure that gets done sooner rather than later. I think he has recurring nightmares about being in a truck somewhere when my water breaks....

Anyway, I'm staying with my wonderful brother and sister in law - and there will be at least one of my coworkers there so I won't be completely by myself at the conference which should be very interesting - really. My lack of enthusiasm has more to do with the lower body discomfort and size of my belly than the content as slated in the brochure... chuckle.

Ye-gads! 34 weeks and counting....
My brother-in-law informed me they're taking me to Tony Roma's for supper... so I'll be starving myself in anticipation today. (grin)
What? It isn't like people will wonder where my appetite comes from... (chuckle)

Anyway, I should go pick out the music I'm going to listen to on my many-houred (word?) trip. Blessings, everyone!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ya baby! What are we looking at here? Let's see, 7lbs 8 oz?? Maybe an 8 pounder?? Lookin' good sister!!

Mrs Manz said...

Wincing...
Autumn was 7 lbs 5 oz and I still had 2nd degree tearing... but thanks for the encouragement, Laur. :)
love ya!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!


Melissa

Anonymous said...

You look so beautiful!!! Only a few more weeks; the countdown is on!!!!! :)

Norma said...

I hope your conference goes well! It's been a crazy few weeks with my injury and Dad's surgery but I do think of you often.

Anonymous said...

Looking beautiful!