Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Grrrrrr!

People should not read their own prenatal records! I don't want to know what my BMI has done and my feet look like... but I suppose it is my own snoopy fault for getting my nose out of joint. Sigh.

On a brighter note: I successfully navigated the Employment Insurance website today to fill out my claim... hopefully the police don't come bash down my door because I accidentally filled out the wrong SIN number for Kurt. One never knows how Big Brother will react... snicker.

Now I just have to wait for the Health Region to get me my record of employment (ROE) and we should be set to drop off the forms downtown. Woo-hoo! The girl on the phone (who I waited 20 minutes to talk to) told me to fill out all the forms so they could be processed ASAP. In other words: "Don't wait for your employer to get you your info, 'cause you might be hooped!" Forgive me for the earlier Big Brother comment: I love the government and their kind, understanding natures. (I was also really happy she didn't have a thick franco-accent...) The sick-leave stuff wasn't as complicated as I had feared... so Lord-willing that will all be processed smoothly. :)

We went to Shoppers Drug Mart last night and picked up those "little" things for my hospital bag: shampoo and conditioner, lotion(s), Kleenex (hospital stuff is less than acceptable), a little container of Noxzema (haven't used that since I was 17!), toothpaste and two brand-new toothbrushes for 'Daddy' and me... other stuff (like body-wash and eye-makeup remover - yes I do plan on wearing a little makeup in the hospital...) I'll take from the home supplies - but otherwise... I think we have everything.

One thing that working there has convinced me: the hospital is a very dehumanizing place. Generic everything... soaps, shampoos, lotion, robes, gowns: and smelling and looking like a woman can make a huge difference in feeling fresh and pretty in spite of the whole "just pushed out a 9 pounder" issue. (chuckle) After all: you're not sick, you just had a baby...

So the goal today? Gather (if not pack) the bag contents so they are ready to go. And maybe baby laundry? Or, I'll try hard to keep my feet up and spend time reading... or all of the above.

Hold me back... I'm so ambitious. (rolling eyes)
(Picture has no relevance to the post... chuckle... just feeling a little nostalgic about our trip to Victoria last year... and missing my sweetie.)

2 comments:

Allie said...

What a lovely picture of you two in Victoria!

I'm excited for you and I hope the birth goes smoothly and wonderfully and waits until your doctor and husband return. :)

Love,
Allie

Anonymous said...

Hey!! I notice that you updated your profile!!
And you think I don't notice things!! ;-D
Know that I am keeping you in my thoughs dear daughter...
Love always,
Mom xxxxxooooo