Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Wassup?

Some stuff that has happened since I last posted:

1) Kurt came home from the longest business trip ever... oh wait - just before that:

pre-1) I've had a number of moms come up to me at the hospital and sheepishly ask for a razor because they couldn't handle the stubble... so I figured I'd head that off at the pass and do an underarm wax before the baby comes so that I can handle wearing a tank-top (for nursing purposes). To summarize: as she was slowly torturing me by tearing strips of hair and skin off of my bleeding underarms (have never done this before) the waxing lady looked at the tears running down my face and said, "Just think: this is still better than labor."
Yippee.
... although I must admit that 5 days later I am looking at my underarms without the barest hint of stubble and thinking it was a good decision to make after all... (grin)

1-again) ... and then Kurt came home. :) Happiness and joy reigned!

2) I went to church for the first time in a few Sundays... with working and helping at the farm it had been a really long time since I was able to gather with the saints. So Sunday was a blessing! Can't believe we're really done Genesis... way to go Murray! :)

3) Shopped until we dropped on Monday. Or until the last pitiful penny could be heard dropping to the bottom of the purse... I told Kurt we're kinda funny that way: we save and then go on a spending frenzy - then go back into financial lock down for the next few months. (lol) We bought: diapers, wipes, Vaseline, a carseat, a stroller, a diaper-pail, a diaper-bag, a pair of pjs and other nursing-ish things for me, groceries... and a video camera.
The last one we've been researching for a while - but decided to take the plunge and pay it off over a few months (versus saving fully first) because then we'll have the videos of our little one from the start. We also had a generous offer of financial assistance from Kurt's parents - so it isn't as big of a hit as it would have been were we doing it all ourselves. We're very pleased with this purchase (as long as we don't think about the purchasing part... chuckle) and the quality of video it is taking... so much better than the camera-quality video!

4) We had our last prenatal class on Monday night: some was review (I do work up there) about postpartum care of mom and baby - but it was a really interactive class and actually a lot of fun. Plus, I didn't have to use the washroom until the very end of class (3 hours). Bonus! I was very proud of my husband who knew all the answers on the breastfeeding quiz - even the trick questions: who knew he was actually retaining all this stuff I talk about? :) I'd look at him after he answered and smile and he'd wink as if to say, "Yeah baby - aren't you glad you're married to me?" (lol)

5) Kurt is doing little road-trips now: smaller distances where he can come home at night. I treated him last night with meatballs and gravy for being so considerate. How good were they? Um... they vanished at lunch today! (Although I might have helped with that a little bit... snicker!)

6) Last one! I got my last haircut before baby yesterday... strange to think that next time I go I'll be trying to stick it in between feeds or pumping. :) It really is so bizarre - after so much waiting - to be so close to the due date now. I mean, I like it - but it isn't really real.
But if baby activity is any indication, he or she is chomping at the bit to get out of there. Kurt had his hand on my tummy last night and was laughing out loud as the kiddo was trying to push it off... big heaves and dips and massive side-to-side shakes with foot and leg action... too funny. I think the baby has started to twist itself down, though, because I'm having left-sided action and that hasn't been the case for a while... it is like different body-parts are facing different directions now - so the activity is spread-out than it was. If we felt a foot before, it was on my right side... but now I never know where it will pop up!

So... wanna see the nursery? :) After Monday's shopping trip, "crowded" is an understatement... but as soon as we get the closet organized we can take stuff off the floor and put it in there. In the meanwhile, we walk past the room and hope I don't go into labor because we would have a hard time finding the stuff we need to take the the hospital in the clutter. :)

Today's task: make sure camera batteries are charged and ready to go with the rest of the hospital stuff. :) Simple enough task for the day, I think. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow i can't believe that you only have 21 days left on the countdown on your blog. that seems like it's gone by so quickly and you are almost done being preggo. so exciting that your baby could come at any moment, huh?

Anonymous said...

Hi Kurt and Kendall

We're sure glad you updated your blog Kendall, as now we know how you have been keeping busy!
It really looks like you really are ready now .... camera and all :)
Maybe we will get to see you one more time before Baby Manz enters the world :) After all, your birthday is just around the corner!
Take care, love you,
Mom/L and Dad/G

Mrs Manz said...

Hmmm... I thought I had 19 days on my counter... does time move differently in the States? :) Either way - it is getting close...lol!