Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Prenatal Results

Doctor to Kendall: "You're a ticking time bomb and could start labor any time." End quote.
Awesome. And I'm not even being sarcastic... now I can justify buying those little travel shampoos and stuff to put in my hospital bag!

Only problem: both my husband and my doctor are out of town until the weekend... so baby is being firmly commanded to stay in place until both are available to enjoy his/her entry into the world.

Sigh.

He also gave me my prenatal record sheets "just in case", said that if I went into labor now, they wouldn't try to stop it and that at this point it would be highly unlikely that Baby would have to be in the NICU because it is pretty mature... Oh - he also said that the baby seems to be engaging... you know - turning it's head to face "the back" so it will come out 'face-down'. He said that after he pushed on my stomach and I whimpered. It's the first time pressing the abdomen has ever hurt me - which means something has changed...

But why must I suffer for these new discoveries? (chuckle)

Also on the changes list: I loaded up on carbs (toast with peanut butter and honey, cereal, milk... SOOOOO yummy!) this morning... figured I'd exercise them off if my sugar was too high... but didn't have time before my appointment so they checked it there. I was expecting 8.5 or higher (should be less than 7.8) and was ready to throw myself on the sword and confess my lack of self-control when they looked askance at me.

It was, in fact - with less than an hour since I had eaten - 5.1. That is practically a fasting sugar! My body is jerking me around! Maybe insulin finally decided to put the boots to the pregnancy hormones and give back a little 'what-for' a-la Chuck Norris... Regardless of the reason - it is kinda nice to know that the baby didn't grow an extra 3 pounds because of my breakfast. :)

Cheers to the 253rd day of pregnancy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

very exciting! you are almost there. in the countdown stage, that's for sure! pretty soon your blog will be filled with posts and pictures of baby manz, which i can't wait to read about all the way from southern cali! enjoy these last few days and weeks of being preggo, as uncomfortable as you are, since you will look back on them with a tad bit of sentiment, believe it or not. your last days of being the only one to hold your precious baby in a way no one else can share. and once she's out, your life will change in this wonderful way, but it will be a huge adjustment. so enjoy these last few days and weeks of peace, quiet, and just the two of you.