Tuesday, September 4, 2007

So Lonely...


(What a 34 week-old baby looks like... sense the personality...)
Prenatal stats:
Baby's Heart Rate: 160, strong-and-steady...
Baby's Head: still down... thank you Lord!
Cervix:
completely un-dilated... (shucks! thought I could maybe knock some work off for later!)
Mom's Blood Pressure: 116/76 (not bad)
Stretch marks: Arrrgghhh!
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: You betcha! (so I sure must enjoy blogging...) and it totally thanks to the next stat...
Mom's level of edema: pitting +3 or+4... so that leads to the question of....
Mom's Weight G
ain: priceless... I'm assisting in the creation of a new life here... gimme a break! (lol)


This is what the edema chart looks like. The deeper the impression, the slower the skin springs back (thus "pitting"). I AM the Pillsbury Dough Girl:"Woo-hoo!"
Seriously... it was my first prenatal without Kurt - we've been able to do pretty well in that department so far - which I'm very thankful for. It was also not my regular doctor... who decided to go on holidays. The nerve. (chuckle) Oh well - as long as he gets them out of the way before we 'start the process' I'm okay with seeing a different doctor once. Let's just say I appreciate his personality all the more after seeing a different doctor - even if she is a lady-doctor. I really do think that health-care workers should smile... even if it's fake - but that is a whole 'nother post on a whole 'nother subject...

Funny story, though: I gave her a brief update of who I am, where I work... at which point she laughed and said, "Are you the lady that the dog fell on her stomach the other night?"
Thinking process was as follows:
1st thought: "Fell? Hardly! That sucker
jumped... mutter-mutter... Oscar..."
2nd thought: "Lady? That sounds
old. I'm but a girl!"
3rd thought: "She doesn't sound mad that they woke her up at 2:30 am to make sure it was okay to send me home... maybe my internal won't be too uncomfortable."
... but when is an internal
ever comfortable? (shudder) That subject is finished! :)

As a final note to this ramble: I'd like to send out a massive shout-out of thanks to my brother and sister-in-law who loaned me their car to get to my appointment today. Kurt and I realized that with him being out of town, we only have one vehicle... and although I may have attempted to walk back in the earlier days (stop doubting!) it wasn't really an option today. Of course, we realized this at 10:30 last night. But Kiley and Jess were still up and cheerful (key point), and we really appreciate your willingness to help us out. So thanks again! We love you lots!

I'm going to go read my bible and drink some coffee... to be followed by gallons of water in a vain attempt to reduce some swelling... sigh. If you're checking out the blog be sure to leave a note so I know I'm not alone (with my
gigantic, uterus-crushing dog - for any bad-people reading!)

Have a happy September 4th everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kendall, Oscar and Kurt ... on the road again!

I just got back from my mini holiday and was surprised to read all the action that took place since I was only away for a few days. Soo happy to hear all is well. (Gord did tell me on the phone last night ... everything is okay :) Continue to take good care of Baby Manz! and Yourself too, of course!

PS. Only the people who have had a hug from Oscar and been knocked over can really appreciate what a jump would be like! Glad you two got check out! Good call, Nurse Kendall :)

Love you lots, Mom L.

Allie said...

Hi Kendall!

I've been enjoying your posts. :) Sorry I haven't written you any comments yet! I admire your cheerfulness. I am definitely not ready for pregnancy - not that you make it sound terrible or anything! hehe.

Blessings!
Allie

Victoria said...

Just remember the prize at the end of all this swelling and weight gain! I remind myself of that every moment that I wait for ours to hurry up and get here already!

Mrs Manz said...

Hi everyone - thanks for your comments - especially you, Allie - thanks for reading! :) I'll try not to make pregnancy sound any more crazy than it is... but sometimes I still think, "What in the world??" when the baby moves. (chuckle)It is a condition that I could read about forever... but still not 'get it' until I was in it. God gives grace when the time comes. :)