Saturday, February 9, 2008

Arizona: Day 2

SHOPPING.
I'm not a shopper by nature: it irritates me to look at things I cannot afford. :) But we did set aside some money for this trip to get me a few new things. So - as soon as rush hour was over - we set out Tuesday morning to get me some loot.
I had seen on Oprah (confession time: I do watch Oprah from time to time... chuckle) that Sarah Jessica Parker had designed a clothing line called Bitten. As in, "bitten by the fashion bug". I, however, wasn't bitten by the fashion but as much as the price of the fashion: all items $19.98 or less.
Egads!
So, when we finally found the store, all the items from that line were (get this) $8.99
No joke.
Jeans, sweaters, shirts, jackets...
All $8.99.
:-D (this was actually Kurt's expression, not mine... giggle!)
We also bought a few other things... and then we went to Carls Jr for lunch. I have been waiting over 7 years to have Carls Jr again... and it was worth the wait. :) We totally looked like tourists taking pictures of the cup and the burger... but I knew I would blog on it (duh) and should have some proof of how great that flame broiled burger really was. ;)
The highlight of the day was visiting the Adams family (snap! snap!) and finally meeting Jaime, Susan and Marissa - the gals from my other blog Life out Loud. Plus the rest of the gang. :) We had such great fellowship with that family... it was the first of a few late nights.
They also made BBQ pork chops for us... and Mike? You did a great job of them! (Not sure if I told you that when we were there... better late than never! chuckle!)
So, Tuesday was great.
But Kurt officially pronounced at the end of it, "No more shopping." :)
S'okay... I got everything I wanted.
--
Present day blog: We had a great time tonight with Mikey and Amy. Thanks for eating my spaghetti, guys. :) And for playing out goofy game. It was fun - even though Kurt won. Barely. :)
Love you two more than words can say... and it was so great to talk about our precious Savior with you. See you in the morning! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I too dislike shopping with no hope of buying - one more thing we have in common! Where was that shop? I wanna check it out!
Love you!

Victoria said...

In N Out is so much better than Carl's! I like how you made the picture with the Carl's Jr. cup all soft around the edges as though it was a precious memory.