Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tea!

I actually went to a tea importer today to buy tea.
No joke.
How snobby!
I
even know it's snobby!
Only people of wealth and privilege buy tea from a tea importer... I have plenty of privilege - but the wealth is somewhat lacking... ;)

(In my defense, I tried Superstore first - but they didn't have any loose Earl Grey.)

But it's really good tea! :)
It tastes... imported. (chuckle)
If you're in Saskatoon, check this place out... very cool - and such a great smell when you walk in the door. They actually let you smell all the teas before you choose one... I guess that is important - to sniff the tea. (Raised eyebrows...)
(Like my spa experience, I have once again fallen into the trap of being out of my element and not wanting it to show. I sniffed a few and made some banal comments trying to appear as though I knew what I was doing... I believe the Lord may smite me yet for all my vanity... LOL!)

Anyway - it's on (where else) Broadway. $4.95 will get you 100 grams of the variety I sniffed out. (Ha-ha... clever joke.)

I'd say tell them that Kendall sent you - but we do not yet have a relationship. :)

As I write, Oscar and I are waiting for Kurt to get home. Kurt, who maintained as he walked out the door, that he had simple "errands" to do. He got a little motionless (like an animal that doesn't want to be spotted) when I asked if he wanted me to come... Hmmmm....

Methinks he's got some kind of big'ol plans for Valentines day. (No pressure for him now that I put it on the blog, right? Heh-heh.) So I let him go by himself... now the rest of you can enjoy my somewhat random post. :)

My... I do believe I am feeling much better!
Much love to those who are praying for me!
Instead of dreading the 15th, I'm looking forward to tomorrow and whatever my sweetie does (or doesn't) have planned.
Lord willing - I'll awaken ready to do battle with my emotions Friday morning. He really is a very strong, very big, very kind God... and a special thank you to Victoria for the card with a poignant reminder that the Lord carries me through the sorrow. I really appreciated it, my friend. :)

Have a great day, everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kendall,
I love tea too! I regret we didn't have tea at my place. I bought English Afternoon tea from the internet a while back. It too is loose and I bought a special pot to steep it in.
My dear Grandma and I used to drink tea together - she got me into it. Since then I've made many a precious memory over a good spot o' tea!
When I come see you we'll have tea together again! I miss you!
Laurie