Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sing To the Lord

Thanks to everyone who is praying for us... God has given me a much more peaceful heart than I had yesterday! I'll still give more details when I'm able... much love to you all! :)

For the time being I've added a few new songs to the play list on the side of the page. If you are a regular reader (and not a music player muter) you'll be able to recognize them right away. (Chuckle.) It's actually pretty easy: they're all the bottom ones after My Savior, My God. :) If you'd like to check out a couple or a few... just click them and they'll play...

My particular favorites?

East to West (Casting Crowns): This song echoes a heart that often breaks at how I still rebel in attitude and emotion against the Lord's plans... but wants to weep in reminder of a wonderfully sufficient Savior. It reminds me of how much mercy has been shown to me... The God who holds atoms together died for me. It's hard to complain when this truth hits me...

Praise You in This Storm (Casting Crowns): My testimony.

Bring the Rain (Mercy Me): My other testimony! (chuckle)

Blessed Be Your Name (Tree 63): I was waiting for this one to be available online! :) It was in our batch of songs played before and after the funeral. To this day, I can listen to it and my heart cries, "Yes! Yes!" even as tears stream down my face. Strangely enough, I always pictured it as a funeral song... and I heard it long before our daughter died.
I remember - clearly - thinking: "Lord... would I have the strength to sing this song if you ever took something precious from me?" and never allowed myself to finish the thought as far as the 'something' went...
A prayer answered.... although not like I ever pictured or planned.

Give Me Jesus (Fernando Ortega): Simple. Deep. A prayer that still needs to be answered every day in my life.

Anyway, they're all great. Crank them up with my blessing! (lol) Hope you enjoy them as much as I do... :-D

3 comments:

The Mom said...

Kendall,

The Lord also holds one of my little babies in His presence. I don't know for sure, but I like to think it was a boy, he was our first and that time was such a blessing in many different ways. But, that song "Blessed be your name" was also (and continues to be) my favorite as I learned what it meant to relinquish someone so precious into the ever faithful arms of my Savior. I know what it feels like to have a face bathed in tears, while my heart cries out in agreement.

You don't know me, though we share friends (Victoria Swanson, Melissa Pidal). I've been reading your blog since the Lord ushered your precious baby girl into His presence. You've encouraged and convicted me on many occasions.

Please know that I pray for you. I will continue to read as the Lord carries you through the days ahead.

Thank you for your faithfulness,
Terah

rick said...

I love the Tree 63 version of "Blessed Be Your Name." That song ministered to me greatly when we had a miscarriage in 2005.

Last year when our youngest was in the hospital for a week, that was the first tune that came on my iPod. And there I was in the middle of the night, lifting my hands in praise to our heavenly Father who truly does care for us.

Thanks for sharing your blog with the world. I praise the Lord for you and Kurt and how God works in and through you both. I recently stumbled across a blog where a woman suffered a devastating loss (her husband died suddenly and unexpectedly several months ago). Based on reading her blog, she is still understandably heartbroken, but also quite bitter.

I am so thankful that you are constantly fixing your eyes on Christ, as hard as that can be sometimes =).

God bless you and Kurt.

Beth said...

Those are really great songs!!! I have a few of them on my playlist too. It is amazing how much music can speak to your heart and help you through the days. Lot of the songs I have, I listen to over and over to remind me of the mind I want to have through this trial.