Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Let There Be Light

First of all - I cannot begin to express my thanks and appreciation for those who have left comments and been praying for us since yesterday. All of you... thank you so, so much.
Although it has been a struggle, the Lord has shown great grace to me today and it has been a good day. :)
I love my Lord, my husband, and even my dog. ;)
Thank you everyone... I love you all very much.
(And Rachel - you crack me up! I am so glad that the Lord has encouraged you through what we've been going through... you, also, are an example to me of how to persevere. Thank you.)

A few pictures of our day!
I finally (as we're about to move) got my new, bright kitchen light. We found it on clearance at Home Depot and decided it was time to act. :) Happy Kendall, happy Budget Manager. (AKA: Kurt for the puzzled - chuckle)
Kurt started the process during the day... and it was finished tonight around 7pm. Our thanks to Cody! I wasn't strong enough (or tall enough, for that matter) to hold the light fixture up for Kurt as he secured it - so my little brother came to the rescue! :) We love you, Cody!
Tonight we bask in the bright, florescent light of our light fixture. Not exactly 'cozy' - but oh so satisfying. ;)
Now I, in particular, am groaning at the amount of grime on the blinds and fridge that were hidden by the old dim light. (rolling eyes) Oh well... One way to guarantee that whoever buys our house will have it very, very clean... 'cause I can only tolerate so much.

Oscar, also, is excited to see more light (I took this picture of him as he was watching closely what Kurt and Cody were doing in the kitchen.)

No comments: