Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentines Itinerary (so far)

1) Woke up (admittedly the hardest part)
2) Kurt made breakfast (sausages and pancakes and coffee)
3) Listened to Fernando Ortega during breakfast (we grew to like him thanks to Priscilla down in Phoenix)
4) Breakfast kicked butt...
5) Admired single red rose on table with Valentines (red envelope) card... (should have put that observation between 2 and 3 - but after the table was cleared I enjoyed them more. ;) )
6) Held hands with Kurt and had a little sad time about our daughter... he actually bought the pregnancy test on Valentines last year as part of his gift...
7) Made the conscious decision that- today - we would enjoy the original blessing - from which Autumn sprang - our love and marriage... it really isn't that hard when I have such a wonderful man to enjoy. :)
8) Opened a beautiful card from Kurt - did I mention that he came home with very suspicious sparkles on his face yesterday? Yep - the card had sparkles. ;)
9) Opened my gift (fall down in shock!) - Mercy Me's latest CD... which at this moment is blasting over the kitchen stereo player. I love this band! They have such great doctrine and truth in their songs - but still are so much fun to listen to... great choice, sweetheart! :)

Apparently - there are still supper plans... but I - truly - am happy with this. This day, last year, I had a 12-hour day on 6100 (oncology) and came home somewhat depressed... so, so much has changed.

We started a journey last year... the Lord has brought us - together - to this point. I bless His name and love Him because of His Son... all is well because He is in control. Today I praise Him for that wonderful, securing, beautiful truth...

So - married or single - Happy Valentines, everyone!
The card, the rose, and both CDs (sorry for the flash effect on Mercy Me...)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kurt,
Great job! Way to make your woman feel special!
Kendall,
Can't wait to hear what tonight brings!! (In a limited sense of course :())

Beth said...

How sweet. I love Mercy Me too. I hope you have a great dinner tonight too!!!!

Dianna said...

That is so sweet that your hubby makes you feel so special. I think you both deserve it truly. Enjoy the rest of your day and esp evening. I'm looking forward to my Valentine's supper also with hubby. It is all hush hush around here surprise, surprise Can hardly wait...