Thursday, February 7, 2008

I Was There, Too...





















... just in case anyone thought I had sent Kurt all by himself. :)

I think this is a funny self-portrait of us... me all squinty and him all cool. :)
We're back in Canada - many thanks to our good friend Sheldon who came and picked us up.
The Lord was very gracious... while it was fun to snicker at the freezing temperatures while were down there, we were a little worried about what would greet us when we got home. It was windy - but mild... so we're really thankful the shock wasn't too great.
We had such a great time, though! Not only at the Grand Canyon, but with friends (family, really!) and fellowship to boot.
My prayer had really been that our time away would be one of refreshment and relaxation... and the Lord gave both abundantly. We're already talking about our next trip back. ;) My plan is to blog on the days and what we did (some will be longer and some shorter)... we'll see if I stick with that. :)
Today we're at the farm... we came right after we got off the plane, pretty much. Our dog was growling and barking from mom and dad's room when we came in - but as soon as he realized it was us, he cheered up. And how! :)
Anyway, I'll post this for now with the promise (hope?) to write again soon. Have a good day!
(And for all our Phoenix friends... "Brrrrr!" ;-D)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey guys,
Glad you made it back safe. That "Brrrr!" gave me goose bumps...LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!
Laur

ByHISgoodGrace said...

You two are adorable.
Happy to hear you had fun and were blessed.