Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cinderella

This is the most heart-wrenching song I've heard in years.
The first time I heard it, we were driving in Phoenix, and I wept for Autumn and what would never be.
The second time I heard it I wept for Steven Curtis Chapman who had lost one of the little daughters he wrote it for.
The third time I came from the back of the house to see my husband holding his baby daughter and dancing around the living room. Peyton was fascinated with her daddy, and the joy radiated out of Kurt. He barely noticed me standing there except to give me a brief smile that said he didn't care if it looked silly. :)
So I stood at the counter in the kitchen and watched the waltz that had waited a year to take place.
I cried - again - for Autumn and all the "if only's".... but my heart rejoiced for the gift of Peyton and the delight she brings to us.
I've added the song on my play list (it's at the very bottom) so if you listen to it you might see why I tend to tear up when I hear it.

4 comments:

Alissa said...

I listened to that song for several days straight when I heard it. (My poor husband!! It would get him emotional too). Our daughter is growing up so fast...you feel it fly by and just want to slow time down a bit! What a beautiful image of a father/daughter bond!

Victoria said...

It doesn't matter where I am when I hear that song, it makes me cry.

M or J said...

Yep, I agree. I cried the first time I heard that song, and we didn't even have Ashlee yet. It's a great song. The writer of the lyrics must surely have a daughter because someone without children could never come up with something like that.

Unknown said...

Dear Kendall. Don't forget that YOU are your Heavenly Father's precious Cinderella. No good thing does He withhold from you! Psalms 84:11 Loving Autumn and then losing her was (hard to believe sometimes but true) GOOD. Imagine your Heavenly Daddy gently caressing your face and then sweeping you up in His arms and dancing with you as if you were His only daughter! And remember that He willingly gave up His ONLY Son so that you could live with Him forever. He loves you! Look to Him my friend as you weep for your daughter and as you leap for joy at every smile on sweet Peytons face! I'm praying for you today my friend.
Have a very Merry Christmas. I love you.