Monday, December 22, 2008

Is it An Addiction?

... when the first thing I say to my husband in the morning is, "Did you make coffee yet?"

:)

We're back from Melfort, surviving (barely!) the cold and counting down the days to Peyton's first Christmas and our 5th since we became the first set of Manz juniors back in 2003. So hard to believe... but I'm so very thankful.

The fellow Kurt worked with at harvest just stopped by to give us chocolate (darn!) and told me that it is supposed to be horridly cold for the rest of the week. Perspective: it's -33 C. That is -27 F before windchill (which I choose to not think about...)

But on a bright note we discovered that our car does have a block heater after all - so it's chances of surviving the winter are much better now. :) We didn't really have to deal with it in Saskatoon last year because of the garage and it so happened that we never traveled anywhere when it was really cold. This year our garage is actually heated so we really hadn't thought about it... and then we had to start our car after it had sat in the driveway in Melfort for 2 days of the above-mentioned weather. I'd try to describe the sound it made, but it's really too pathetic. I'll say this for our refurbished 2005 Mazda 3: it's got a great battery.

I forgot to take pictures this weekend - but as soon as my mom-in-law sends me some I'll put a couple of them up.

And congratulations to Jessica and Jen - who both delivered healthy boys within the past week. I'm praising God for the blessings you've both received - Merry Christmas, you guys. :)

Blessings!
kendall

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt would say no, it's not an addiction. HOWEVER, this would be coming from the man who makes his coffee before using the restroom in the morning!!! :)
I hope you are all doing well; I love the pictures of Peyton and really look forward to meeting her in the spring. Do you guys know when you'll be coming?

Much love,
andrea

Unknown said...

yes i'd say it is an addiction :) i was addicted since high school until 2 weeks ago. i've been caffeine free now since 2 tuesdays ago. i'm sleeping so much better and have far more energy. it's great!!

Beth said...

LOL...yeah I think it's an addiction. My husband is the coffee maker too and I told him the other night that in the evenings I can't wait for the mornings just so I can have some coffee!!!! So nice on these cold winter mornings...well I guess it is not quite winter yet. But with the temps you guys are having I am sure it feels like it...hehe.