Saturday, December 6, 2008

Pictures For Today

Cranky-pants (or lack thereof) post Saturday night bath. Even with a ducky blanket she is upset...Somewhat mollified by the clown mobile (see last post). That, or my silly faces as I dried her off.
The AMAZING letters custom made by my friend Katrina to go above Peyton's crib. I actually told Katrina Peyton's name before she was born in case she wanted to start them early. :) We're so pleased with how they turned out and how great they look in the room. Thanks so much Katrina! :)
Cranky-pants (or lack thereof) before her Saturday night bath. Check out those chunky thighs! What a rolly-polly chunky-monkey. :)
Yes, that's me hiding behind her. Oh, you want a picture of the two of us? Okay. :)
Her skin is so much darker than mine, isn't it? I'm amazed and how much like the Manz (or Podhordeski) side she looks. It hardly seems fair that even after a summer of sun my newborn daughter (who has never been exposed to those golden rays) is more tan than than me.
Sigh. Love that Scottish gene pool...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I am so sorry Peyton is a fussy baby. I pray that your patience will continue! My third baby was colicky and it can be so hard at times. But, it will get better.

Anonymous said...

At least she is a very cute little "cranky pants!"

Beth said...

Awww...great pictures. She is getting so big. Love the letters for Peyton..they are so cute. Katrina made some for Drew too. She is very sweet and talented. Keep the pictures coming!!!!

Dianna said...

Beautiful girl! Beautiful mommy!

Mrs Manz said...

I probably give the wrong impression with blogging about fussy days and not enjoying the baths. She really is a good baby - for the most part she is really content and happy. It's just that those occasions where she is cranky really stand out! :)

Anonymous said...

Fussy babies need a lot more attention than non-fussy babies. But because they get more holding - the bond between Mom and baby is incredibly strong. My son needed marsupial mothering (being held against Mom 24/7) but the things that child taught me in terms of patience and giving of myself were incredible. Hang in there - you waited a long time for this.