Monday, December 29, 2008

Renovation Pictures (Finally!)

Had a little spare time today... obviously. :) Feel free to skip this post if the layout and design of my house bores you. To the three of you who keep reading? Enjoy. ;)
Before I start - a few disclaimers:
1) It was my grandparents house before it was ours. My grandma's colours worked amazingly well with her stuff - but for our stuff it wouldn't have looked so great. Thus the need to change. But if you do comment, please don't say anything horrible about the "before" pictures. :) Thanks.
2) We changed the flooring and countertops in every room (even if it doesn't show up in the pictures)
3) Not every room is pictured - just enough so you can see how big the changes really were. I left out the office, and two bathrooms, the laundry room and our big pantry. They really weren't as riveting in either sets of photos.
That said - here we go!
The living room before:

And after (plus Christmas decorations):

The other side of the living room before (with our faithful painters Gord and Lori):

And after:

The kitchen before (Oscar included) - the view from the living room:

The kitchen after (we added the island) and - as you can see - drastically changed the colours:

Main bathroom before:

Main bathroom after:

Master bedroom before (closet door open):

Master bedroom after (complete with baby):

Peyton's room before (Kurt had to fix a floor break):

Peyton's room now:

The amazing thing is that I feel tired looking at these pictures. I remember how long it seemed to take to get to this point and am happy we're pretty much done all the major changes. It's just minor stuff now - like lighting and trim boards.
But wheeewwww... what a trasformation, eh?

9 comments:

Allie said...

Wow, it's beautiful Kendall!! Love it!

kelly ens said...

wow - you guys did some great work! i LOVE peyton's room!!!

Holly said...

I love your color choices Kendall! Very nice! Everything looks so warm and inviting!

Peyton's room - Beautiful! The color is so yummy! And I really like the frame sitting with the big pink bear! So creative!

My daughter, Elliana, is sitting with me saying "I'd like that bed and toys Mommy." The approval of a three year old!

sorry if typos - my 20 son is on my lap - enjoying your music

Happy New Year!

Holly said...

oops, proof reading now, that should say my son who is 20 months old is on my lap

Victoria said...

I agree with Holly--your home looks so warm and inviting. I love it! I probably will never see it in person, so it's great to see pictures :). I'm glad you pointed out Peyton in the picture of your bedroom. She looks like a baby doll on the bed :).

R.A. said...

Surprisingly, I think I could have totally rolled with the "before" living room colors, but I do like all your lovely changes.

And what a great addition to the master bedroom. That was a good choice.

Unknown said...

You guys did a great job! It's beautiful..very homey. :)

Unknown said...

its beautiful Kendall - I wish we could come visit! Can't wait to see you again and hold Peyton in my arms:-)

Vicki said...

Wow - it looks fantastic!!! I too love your color choices!! My faves!! :)
I know that wonderful feeling to see things change like that. :)