Friday, December 19, 2008

Even Sick She's Still Cute...

Peyton fought - and seems to be winning - her first major battle with the flu virus. She's only 8 weeks old - so it hardly seems fair that she had to deal with it so early... but that's life.
The poor baby... she would cough and cough... and then just kinda whimper 'cause it hurt. It was heartbreaking. Kurt and I took turns sitting up with her during the night because she found it easier to breathe and she coughed less.
But now - other than the occasional spit-up that is full of guckies - she's doing much better - personality is back and she's our happy girl once again. :)
I'm just so happy for pediatric drugs which made her and my life easier this week.
Now Kurt and I are fighting it. Truthfully, in the past I would already have been down for the count with my lack of sleep. However - and I cannot believe I'm saying this - the flu shot seems to have helped me not get too sick.
Go figure...
We're off to Melfort for Manz early Christmas this weekend. I think Gramma and Grampa are a little excited about Peyton's first time visiting - not to mention showing her off to all their friends at church. Yes - I'm downplaying it. I think Gord was actually bouncing on the phone this morning. Kurt joked that instead of asking when we were coming, his dad would ask when Peyton was going to get there! (chuckle) We love you guys and are looking forward to seeing you in a few hours. :)
I'll post when we get back - thanks for reading, everyone... Merry Christmas!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Ha ha. Get used to no one caring about seeing you. All they want is the granddaughter. They will forget to say hello or goodbye to you. I never expected anything different though :)--"Have you met my granddaughter? Oh yeah, this is my son and daughter-in-law."

I never got the flu shot last year, and we never got the flu. Sam got a flu shot this year, but she didn't react poorly to it. I'm kind of skeptical about flu shots. I don't remember ever getting a flu shot, and I rarely ever get the flu. I better not jinx myself :). Hope you and Kurt feel better in time for Christmas!

Darla said...

Kendall: We have never had the privilege of meeting, but I've kept up with your story ever since the loss of your precious first born. I've been rejoicing with you since on your little Peyton's birth.

I feel kind of funny commenting, with you being a nurse (with loads more knowledge than I), but the one thing that we did when my son was a baby and had croup was put his car seat in between us in the bed so he slept sitting up, we slept laying down, and we were right there in a heartbeat. It was just a little thought in case you hadn't thought of it.....

Anyway, again, I enjoy the updates of your life. God bless you.