Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Considering the Sparrows...

We're in Swift Current tonight... on the third day of our road trip. I've seen over half the Hutterite colonies in this part of the province. Some I visited with, and others I just waited in the truck. Most of the guys tease Kurt about having his wife along to keep him in line. He laughs and tells them that my job is to make sure that he actually gets to the places he wants to go. :) Some of them knew we were expecting, and ask if we "had that baby yet?". Upon telling them, I get hugs from the ladies, and condolences from the men... and a few have revealed that they've lost babies, too... whether with miscarriages or with early infant losses.

On Monday, I was sitting in the truck while Kurt was visiting with some guys and I happened to be near the feed-mill. I was amazed at the birds - several kinds - and all really chubby (if birds can be chubby?) from eating spilled feed. If I was a bird, I'd hang out by a feed-mill, too. The heck with foraging in the fields and forests! Anyway, I was thinking about how they don't worry, they don't plan their lives - they simply do what God created them to do. It made me think about our daughter - and how she really is no different. She served the exact purpose that God created her to fulfill. We were allowed to love her, and we are allowed to mourn her. As a result of her life, and death, lots of people are thinking about Him. Honestly, that makes me happy even as it brings tears to my eyes. I want to be as "faithful" as my daughter. :)

I've started dreaming about her -and as a result have been waking up really sad... this morning was hard as my body is still wondering where Autumn is. I was frustrated, and tired, and sore... and Kurt just held me and we cried together. It didn't last long - but to release the emotions is such a relief. Overall, though, this time on the road has been really good for Kurt and I. We've been able to talk about her, about us, about the future, pray together... and have a few laughs over his navigation skills and my lack of ability to "feel" direction. In my defense, the days have been cloudy... ;)

On a totally different note: Go Saskatchewan Party! :) Everyone in Swift Current is invited down to the Brad Wall campaign headquarters. They are a tad confident. But we're probably going to be more than content to stay in the hotel, blog and eat desert and drink coffee. Not in that particular order. Kurt is sitting on the bed getting agitated every time the NDP moves ahead... so I can't blog long because he needs me to be there to comfort him. ;) Hope I don't offend anyone with my blatant support... but I'm excited! :)

Also just wanted to let anyone who has emailed us while we've been gone: We're not ignoring you - this is just the first email connection we've had in 3 days. :) Thanks for all your continued prayers - and, Lord willing, we'll be home tomorrow and I'll be back to blogging on my own computer.

G'night from Speedy-Creek!
kendall

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this Kendall. I was missing you. Laurie Bearce

The Fannons said...

Hi Kurt & Kendall. Jani told me about your blog and so here I am....have read it over and over again today, and cried each time. For His Glory!!! You are absolutely right. We are teaching the children's catechism for junior church and question #3 when I hear my girls say the answer, boy does it have new meaning; Why did God make you and all things? FOR HIS GLORY!! David and I are praying for you and want you to know what a blessing you are. Autumn.....what a beautiful little girl, only He could create a sweetheart such as she. When you are in Melfort again and feel up to it we would love to see you. God Bless and comfort you! David and LeeAnn