Saturday, November 17, 2007

Double Dating

Our huge thanks to our good friends Patrick and Pam for our "double date" last night. We got to tag along with them as they redeemed their free movie tickets, and then went and hung out at their place until much (and I do mean much!) later than anticipated.
But, in those unexpected extra hours, the guys had a great discussion, and Pam and I got to talk and share - and do a little crying together. Always good for the spirits. :)
The whole secret of last night is that before we left home I really wanted to be depressed. Not that I would have actually phrased it like that at the time - but it is the truth of the matter. I mean, it was cold, it felt like snow (which was an accurate feeling this morning!), I was tired (never a good sign), and was feel really sad about Autumn. Kinda setting myself up for a grumpy, weepy, self-centered evening. Poor Kurt! (chuckle)
But our friends - unknowingly on their parts - pulled me out of that wrong thinking with their wonderful company. The movie was pretty good, but the gift of true friends was a blessing that I'm still thanking the Lord for this morning. :)
So thanks guys - we love you lots! Hope the kids let you sleep in a little bit this morning. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you guys had a great time with Pam and Patrick! Your right - true friendship is a blessing.
-shiela

Unknown said...

Yep, that's encouragement! I've been thinking alot about encouragement lately. (thank you!!) And God uses double dates with close friends to bring that about. He again saved you from yourself! I love Him for that - don't you. An all wise God knows your every need. He knew it was better for both of you to go out and focus on others and have a bit of fun. Praise God!