Friday, November 2, 2007

Ah Melfort...

We've taken another small break... to Kurt's hometown. When we first got here yesterday I walked by myself to the the back deck and had a little cry. It was supposed to be "next time with the baby".
But God, in his sovereignty, has chosen different for us. So I will choose to enjoy this time with my husband and my in-laws... and Oscar and Ty the pug. He shall be known henceforth as: the dog-who-thinks-he-is-human-and-strongly-dislikes-Oscar. :)
Lori takes such good care of us... and it is a delight to visit with my father-in-law. As time passes - and especially after all that has happened with Autumn - I see so much of Kurt in him... and it makes me appreciate and love him more. :) So thanks, you two - we love you both more than words can say.
We're getting some laughs out of the two dogs. Oscar outweighs Ty about 60-to-1... but Ty is the one that will get aggressive. Just a tad territorial, these pugs... (big grin)
My first walk (other than to-and-from-the-car) since giving birth was taken with Kurt, Gord (my father-in-law), and the two dogs last night. It was super-cold, but great to get outside. It was also fun to see Kurt rip-around with our dog... who has been acting out during the last week. He feels neglected - a feeling based somewhat in reality... so hopefully this time will pacify him a little bit.
I laughed when I saw my hair - obvious toque-head - even with pigtails! :)
I also got a couple of pictures taken of my ever-shrinking tummy... amazing - something I would have taken such pride in before... and now all I think is, "Good thing we took so many pictures when I was pregnant with her!" It makes me strangely sad... it is like evidence that I carried her is slowly disappearing. Never thought I'd look at these stretchmarks with gratefulness... but perspective on so many things and their actual importance has changed for me. Not necessarily a bad thing...I mean, there is still a bump... but not as big as I thought it will be after only two weeks... and that without breastfeeding assist in the "shrinkage". Forgive the colour, but I guess there is still a little vanity left in me... chuckle... this light makes my hair look smaller. (lol!)Oh - and something (or someone) I'd really like to acknowledge: We received an anonymous gift in a significant amount - with the only major stipulation of use being that we "blow the first $100 on ourselves" and then do whatever we want with the leftover money. Kurt and I just looked at each other with open mouths. Then he said, "Umm... I'm not sure I know how to "blow" money anymore." I told him that I'm pretty sure I can remember. (lol!) However, he did inform me on the way to Melfort that he has an idea... so I am eager to see what he comes up with. :) But, whoever you are: your generosity has touched us so deeply. Thank you for your kindness... words cannot express what I'm truly trying to say... so Shiela has been instructed to give you big hugs from us - since we do not know you. Perhaps someday we will be able to hug you ourselves... even if it is in heaven... :)
Okay - lunch is ready so I'll sign-off for now.
Blessings!
K&K... & O. (grin)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Janelle said...

i hope you can find something to "blow" that amazing gift on!! :) it's amazing how giving people are. we were blessed like that 2 months ago, and it still boggles our minds, but has taught US how to give too.
find something special - and just blow it..you deserve it! :)

Mrs Manz said...

Thanks Janelle. :) And also - thanks for all your comments and prayers... they mean so much. :)

rick said...

Hello...

I don't think I know you, even though some of the faces in some of the pictures look vaguely familiar to me. Not sure why.

I was just surfing around different blogs of people I know and came across yours via Victoria Swanson.

Thanks for sharing your story. It's an encouragement to see how God is growing you guys and leading you through this time.

Though not nearly the same situation, my wife and I lost a child to miscarriage early into our 2nd pregnancy (just after Thanksgiving 2005). The 8 week appointment was totally normal, then the baby must have died right after because at the 10 week appointment we were informed that there was no longer a heartbeat and the baby hadn't grown at all since the previous appointment.

Needless to say... it was a time of feeling both crushed and blessed, as you know all too well.

Well, this comment has gotten quite long, but I wanted to also let you know that I wrote a song after we lost that child, and I thought it might encourage you.

You can find it at:

www.myspace.com/rickhorio

It's called "Still Missing You."

God bless you guys.

For His Glory,

Rick Horio