Thursday, October 18, 2007

Prenatal Appointment Number 12

... I think?
I've kinda lost track of how many there have been... but it could be my last! :) Ahh... from my fingers to God's ears (which is my favorite line from 'Fiddler on the Roof' except they say "from mouth" instead of "from fingers" because, of course, there were no computers or typewriters in Czarist Russia... but I digress...).
My doctor put us on the induction list for next week, Thursday. Yes, our 4th anniversary. We told the doctor that, and he said that Kurt was kinda lucky that way because he wouldn't have to get me a gift.
Ha.
We'll see about that.
I'm no experienced expert: but from what I've heard labor is not exactly a picnic. :)
He said that his son was born on Valentines... and it was such a relief to not have to worry about going out and getting a gift for his wife... funny guy. I wonder if that is a pre-requisite for med-school or an aftereffect... Yes... the sarcasm drippeth from my fingers... :)
My blood pressure was also a little high. Actually, it was a lot high for me: 140/87. I've not been above 70 diastolic (bottom number) since this pregnancy began - so the med student with our doctor took it again and it was better the second time. Still 'high-ish' but not dangerously high. Not high enough for him to order an immediate induction. (Praising God!) And no dilation. At all. Shucks.
Shucks with an exclamation mark!
(lol!)
I was honest with him about my concerns for the induction route (can lead to C-sections, breastfeeding difficulties post-induction) which he totally understood. I do trust his judgment and understand that the baby is going to be big by that time... but I'm still hoping for another outcome.
He, also, was quick to say at the end of the conversation, "Hopefully we won't have to worry about that!"
Let all the people say, "Amen!" :)
Just to be on the safe side (like to make sure the baby doesn't decide to reverse the head-down position) we've booked another prenatal appointment (our real last one!) for next Wednesday.
Everybody chant now: "Break water, break, break, break!" (lol)
Otherwise, we can plan on getting a call about 7 am next Thursday telling us when to "come on down!"
Either way: God knows when this baby is going to be born, and we really (truly!) are more than okay with trusting Him. No one will be hurt by more prayer! I really do want to give thanks in everything...
Remind me I said that later. (lol!)
This is my "I'm tired" picture. ;) Great expression, huh? Funny that we have wedding pictures with the exact same expression... Wonder what my excuse was then? :)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kendall
Thanks for the newsy update! I don't think you will make that last app't. At least, most of us didn't :)Why should it be any different for you! Enjoy the quiet time ... it definitely will change soon.
Love you lots,
Mom/Lori

Anonymous said...

Just posting to tell you that we are, along with everyone else, praying for you sweetie.
..and counting down the(pick one)days/hours/minutes....till the Lord determines this little one will make his/her appearance.
Love today as always,
Mom xxxxxooooo

Anonymous said...

Kendall,
I've been thinking about you lots and lots!!! I know how it feels to be late...oh the dreaded waiting game!!! Let me know if you need anything at all! We'll keep you guys in our prayers!
Love ya!! Pam

Anonymous said...

Goodmorning Kendall ... if you are home!
Just a reminder Kurt was 9 days overdue ... how many were you?
Why do babies want to leave when it is so warm and snugly where they are. But we know, one day, sooner or later, it will happen :)
Keep taking care of yourself, and Baby Manz. You are just getting a few more days for Kurt to practice coaching you :) Make good use of this this time! :)
Love you,
Mom/Lori

Victoria said...

Enjoy these last pre-baby days. You'll be longing for them during the first few weeks when sleep is something you once were able to do. It's wonderful to have them to hold, but it's also wonderful to not have to take the time to pack them up anytime you want to go somewhere (especially when you've got them all buckled into their carseat and then they poop). God has the perfect day in mind--not a moment too late or too soon :).