Monday, October 8, 2007

One Week Left!

G'Day - and Happy Thanksgiving!
I watched my beloved Riders kick some Stampeder butt this afternoon... well, until the 4th quarter when my pregnant body demanded sleep and I was konked out for 20 minutes.
Oops.
But I woke up in time to figure out they won - 33 to 21... most convincingly, I might add. :)
We're at the farm again today - I think Kurt and dad are moving bins over at the other site - so watching the game in HD on a big-screen TV wasn't too sad. :) Since we're here (and no water breakage or contractions are obvious) we'll stay at my Baba and Gydo's for supper before going back to the city tonight. Cabbage rolls and perogies. Mmmm... I love being 'ethnic'. ;)
(Baba & Gydo - married 53 years and still having a blast with one another!)
The other part of the weekend was a restful Saturday, and a Sunday afternoon "Thanksgiving" lunch at Kiley and Jessica's with G&G White, and another "Thanksgiving" supper at our house - with just Kurt, Cody and myself. Dearest husband that he is, Kurt took care of almost everything... I only made the gravy and made sure the chicken was well-seasoned. Thanks honey - your stuffing was awesome! :)
Kurt kept telling my belly, "Okay, you can come out now!" But Baby Manz decided that thanksgiving - this year - will not be a birthday. But if the kid isn't careful, next weekend (which is usually Thanksgiving) could be his/her birthday.
We'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i forgot that you are canadian. and was so confused why you were having thanksgiving a month and a half early. haha then i remembered that it is canadian thanksgiving! happy canadian thanksgiving! and happy one more week or so before baby arrives. sooo exciting!!

Mrs Manz said...

I wondered if that was going to cause any American's a double-take. :) Thanks - and merry thanksgiving back to you! :)

Allie said...

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Mrs Manz said...

Thanks Allie! Right back at you! :)