Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Gussied Up...

I got dressed up for our birthday supper out (no - we didn't get to go for lunch as Kurt had a business meeting today... oh well, I slept from 11 - 1pm anyway... chuckle) and after my husband did a nice, self-esteem raising little growl (giggle) he insisted on taking some pictures. I wanted to take the camera with us to the restaurant, but he kinda (like, he drove away from the house when I said, "We should take the camera to the restaurant with us!") said that wasn't necessary. So just pictures of me from my birthday - sorry!

I'll admit that usually (especially lately) I've felt keenly the whole "camera adds 10 pounds" adage. (Or in my case, more like 30 or way more lbs!) I like being the picture taker much more than being the picture takee. (Is that a real word?)

I was prepared to wince mightily, but after seeing the pictures there is only one of two possibilities: Kurt is either one heck of a photographer or I've finally grown into this pregnancy (now that it is almost done) plus I feel rested today, plus the shirt is a great accent. The blouse is one I bought at the start of the pregnancy but haven't worn very much because it is "dressy"... but even with jeans it worked tonight.

And my husband's reaction was most satisfying. ;) So, mom, thanks for insisting I buy it waaaaay back in April! And - I must note - I am not in any way sticking my tummy out further... it really sticks out that far on its own! (LOL!) Also nice to know: Baby Manz and I aren't going to share the same birthday - yay!
(Notice how I match the picture behind me? It was painted by Kurt's Grampa E, by the way.)
(Kurt's favorite picture. He says I look like "a mom"... whatever that means...)
(27 years old and 38 weeks, 2 days pregnant!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Usually pregnant ladies have that pregnant "glow" and are cute, but in these pictures you definately possess the "hot" woman factor...(as I'm sure Kurt told you this). That shirt is great on you!
Great to hear you had a wonderful time on your birthday!
Shiela

Mrs Manz said...

Thanks, my dear friend. :)Hope to see you soon!

Allie said...

Kendall you look sooo great!
I'm so excited for you. :)
You do look like a mom . . . and God willing will soon be one too! :D

Julie Cortens said...

You are very welcome! I had fun picking out baby paper with you and all the other stuff for your little baby album. Hopefully one day soon I will be scrapping babies again (like granschildren???) I am looking forward to seeing the book..and baby Manz of course!

Mrs Manz said...

Hi Allie and Julie!
Allie: thanks, you're sweet to say so... I am amazed that soon that bump will be "no more"... hopefully! (lol)
And Julie - keep hinting... er...HOPING for those grand-babies! ;)(Sorry Allie! (lol!))I'm excited to see the final product, too! Thanks again! :)