Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Labour of Love


My mom worked days, and weeks and months (take your pick - all 3 apply!) to create this for the baby. Her first ever crochet project. I can't wait to wrap our little one in it... and it is big enough to wrap myself in at the same time. Great for those chilly winter mornings!
Mom: thanks again for your efforts - I love you so much - and I am not only impressed at your wanting to undertake such a task, but also at how beautiful it is. An excellent first try! :) Notice behind the yellow blanket is a white one? That is the one that my Gramma White made for me when I was a newborn. I guess the bar has been set for when I'm the gramma, huh? ;)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kendall

Your Mom sure did a beautiful job of Baby Manz's blanket. Way to go, Nana (Jan, you might want to start another right away, as I heard they are thinking of 4 bundles! It would take a little pressure off you down the road :)
Keep up the good work!
Love Mom/Lori

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful:) I'm a big believer in blankets given by grandmas...lol. I still have several of them myself. Great work, Jan!

Anonymous said...

Well, I am very touched that you put this on your blog Kendall. I certainly didn't expect to see it there! Lori, thank you for your kind comments,and you too Jaime. I agree with you Jaime that the things that come from grandmas and great grandmas are special- at least all the things that my mom and grandma and Baba gave to us for our babies were to me. Your suggestion to get started again is duely noted Lori! (lol) But I guess we have to wait for Kendall and Kurt, so I can probably wait a month or two! :-D
Love to you little girl!
Mom

Mrs Manz said...

Yeah - Kurt and I got a good laugh out of "a month or two". :-D (lol!)Nice try, mom... we have to let Kiley and Jessica catch up a little bit! ;-D