Sunday, October 14, 2007

Confession

I'm so uncomfortable I've done the unthinkable.
I've skipped church.
Sigh. I could state that I'll still read my bible and pray, and sing a few songs... but I do feel badly about missing my time with the gang.
Not only are my eyes closing almost spontaneously, but my body is full of aches and pains that I haven't been aware of before. Does this mean it is gearing up - or just playing with my mind? Ugh. Furthermore - and this is just embarrassing - my pregnancy clothes aren't fitting so hot. Even the pants with the extra panel of fabric are just restraining me... and the band rolls down voluntarily exposing my belly - quite immodest if my shirt isn't long enough! ;) I'm glad the baby is growing - but for Pete's sake - you could just come out now...
I love being pregnant. :)
I'll love it more when it's over.
My consolation is that next week would be the last Sunday that we'll be there without the baby. My doctor stood pretty firm on the "no longer than 10 days overdue" mandate at the last prenatal appointment... so even that point is only 11 days away. Crazy that we're so near. Perhaps - perhaps - the Lord will be gracious and we'll even have he/she there next Sunday. Ironically, the more days that pass without Baby Manz arriving, the more unlikely it seems that he/she will ever come.
I'm not sure if it is supposed to work like that. Maybe I'm just kinda funny that way.
Anyway - greetings to the saints that I missed seeing today - I'm praying for all of you. Kurt, darling that he is, after suggesting that this might be the best course of action, winked, laughed deviously and said, "And then I can teach you when I get home." ;) So I'm sure I won't miss anything. :)
AND - hi to mom and dad who are working hard today to get the order ready to go... praying it goes well and, if nothing else, you can enjoy your time together. Hearkens back to the old-days, huh?

5 comments:

Victoria said...

Don't feel too bad about missing church--I'm sure everyone understands. It will only get harder once the baby comes. We've not been since the beginning of September mostly because Saturday night seems to be the evening she decides to throw fits. Once again we did not get to bed until 1:00 this morning. It will make your time with the saints that much sweeter when you are able to attend.

Julie Cortens said...

I thought maybe Kurt has dropped you at the hospital and then came to church..chuckle....but he said you were exhausted and like no kidding eh? It will be another 18 years before you get a full nights sleep again....well depending on how many little ones you have. :)

And after baby Manz is born...you will want to come to church no matter how many hours of sleep. Where else can you have 20 people waiting their turn to hold, rock, walk, jiggle and generally spoil your little one while you sit and visit.
Waiting for that call with the good news this week!

Vicki G. said...

Kendall, I have officially added you to my google reader. I love reading your blogs, they make me smile. Once the baby comes, a whole new journey begins! Soon, all the waiting, swelling, aching and waddling will give way to all the "stuff" of mommyhood. Dirty diapers, sleepless nights, fussing (sometimes the baby and sometimes you) and nursing, rocking and lullabies. Before long you will have forgotten all of the things you've endured the last 9 months and want to do it again!!!! Don't be surprised to hear yourself repeating the labor story a few hundred times until then. The Manz family will be in my prayers this week. Can't wait to hear the news! Blessings! Vicki (from LOL)

Mrs Manz said...

Hey Victoria - you make me feel better. :) I can't believe Samantha is a month old already! Remember me writing, "When your baby is a month old, I'll be getting ready to go through all that you're going through right now..." I am a prophet! (chuckle)
Julie - you know I'll be counting on you... I still remember seeing you do 'curls' with Christian. :) I'll want a repeat performance... lol! Did I mention we're hoping for 4 'bundles'...? ;)
Hi Vicki! Thanks for reading - on one hand I can't imagine even having a baby - let alone "trying again"... but I do believe it happens. After all - I have younger siblings. :)And I cannot WAIT to have a labor story! (As in: it's over... lol!) :) But truly: holding our baby in my arms will be such an exciting event - one I hope I never tire of praising God for. :)
We'll be sure to get the information up (or various phone calls) ASAP after the baby arrives - thanks BUNCHES for your prayers everyone! :)
Blessings to all of you! :)

Unknown said...

don't even worry about not making it to church! i think the last few days are hard b/c you're so uncomfortable. which prepares you to go through labor because you're like "get this thing out of me!!" and yes, going to church will not be the same for a while with a little one in tow. all quite exciting and i'm checking your blog constantly for an update :)