Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Happy 27th to Me!

Today I thought I'd compile a list of 27 things I'm thankful for on this, "the 27th of my birthdays". It's kinda stream-of-consciousness... so there is no particular order or value given to the number it falls under. :)

1) My salvation 2) The baby's movements - constant and painful. ;) 3) Kurt is home safely until the Baby comes! 4) I received wonderful cards from my grandparents that made me smile and tear up this year 5) Oscar the rambunctious! 6) Kurt making me birthday breakfast. Mmmmm - sausages! 7) Our "new" car - and all the work we still have to get done - wink! 8) For God granting me 27 years when so many don't make it that far. 9) For my Dad who works hard every day and give such a great testimony to God's provision - even when he'd rather relinquish that burden at times. I love you daddy - thanks for making sure I'll always be your Kendally-Poo. :) 10) For my in-laws: their generosity and willingness to give whole-heartedly for us and the baby 11) For the people across the back alley cleaning up their graffiti yesterday after it being there for 2 years! 12) Coffee. 13) For my brothers, Kiley and Cody, whom I love dearly - even if sometimes in the rush and haze of life I don't get to communicate that. 14) For my brother-in-law, Dean: you're a special guy and I've really grown to love and appreciate you over the years... thanks for keeping Kurt in line until he met me. (lol!) 15) My two wonderful sister-in-laws: Amanda and Jessica... you guys have both exceeded my expectations of what that relationship would/should be like - love you both! 16) My aching tummy! Stretch muscles - stretch!!! 17) Julie C, who helped me get my baby-scrapbook ready for "the arrival" - thanks for your time and effort yesterday - I look forward to sharing the finished project with you! 18) Did I mention breakfast? ;) 19) For the show "House" which I throughly enjoy and still learn from... it inspires me to stay involved in the medical field... really! 20) For all the major purchases being done before the baby arrived! 21) For my church family: everyone who loves the Lord with me. Ya'll - we are not perfect... but God put us here for a reason together, and I enjoy the walk together. 22) For grocery shopping: the ability to buy and eat food is a blessing that I'm learning to not take for granted. 23) For wonderful friends - be they nursing or "soccer" girls... I love you all so much and it has been such a blessing to have great "girlfriends" who are eagerly anticipating this baby as much as we are! 24) For God making my heart prayerful in these last few days... pretty much if I think of you, I pray for you! 25) For $30 worth of Superstore SuperBucks after Kurt's road trip - Aye Carumba! 26) For my mom: over the past few weeks you've been such a joy to talk and hang out with... I can't wait to see you with your first grandchild - you're going to be a wonderful "Nanna". :) 27) For my Kurt - marriage is such a joy and adventure with you... and I am so blessed to have spent the last 5 birthdays with you... thanks for keeping me when you found me. ;)

Oh - bonus "thanks": 12 days! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl. Daddy and I love you very much, and I still remember the day you were born. It was such a joy to finally meet you and such a terror to begin the new job of being a parent. But God's grace has brought us all through! He has blessed daddy and I through you many times, and also grown our trust in Him as we learned step by step to be the parents God would have us be for you. It is a joy to see the woman you are, and we look forward to seeing you as a mother soon.
I wish many joys for you today honey! Enjoy your birthday breakfast!!
Our love to you too Kurt, and thank you for loving our girl so well!
Mom and Dad
xxxxxooooo

Allie said...

Happy Birthday Kendall!!!! :) :) :)

Unknown said...

happy birthday!!!!!!!!! your last one before you're a mom :) the countdown is pretty exciting!!

Anonymous said...

Happy 27th Birthday Kendall!
It was a wonderful thank you reflection of 27 years.
We thank God for you as well, and are happy you are Kurt's wife, our daughter and soon to be our first grandchild's mom :) We will chat to you tonite.
Love you, Mom/Lori

Victoria said...

Happy birthday, a day late :)!

Mrs Manz said...

Thanks to all of you - it was a pretty decent birthday. ;) Kurt asked me this morning how it felt to be "so old"... I told him that I was exhausted and am not sure how he's done it for so many months already. ;) Ba-da-BING!