Tuesday, October 16, 2007

That Baby Counter Thingy

I feel there should be some appropriate cosmetic deterioration to the overdue baby on the counter. "-1 day", indeed!
Ha!
That kid should be wrinkling and drying before our eyes. Oh - the risk to being a postpartum nurse... I know what happens to overdue babies! :) I keep telling my belly that... but it must be a boy because the appeal to vanity isn't working. (lol) Granted, it is only 1 day over, but I feel I have to start the persuasion now - before we get to the 25th (my 10-day, doctor-will-insist-on-an-induction, even though it is our 4th anniversary, mark).
In other news (I feel like Peter Mansbridge)... Kurt is again at the farm. This poor child must be so confused at his/her father telling it so many times, "You can come out now. No, wait - don't!" :) He'll be back again tonight... hopefully he and dad will be getting everything that is needed done today. I'm praying for both of them!
Funny story: last night around 2 am, I was awake and thinking about "the future", and said to Kurt (who was still mostly asleep), "I'm thinking about going to the hospital." My poor husband yelped, "What?!?!" and nearly vaulted out of bed to run for our bags.
Oops.
I quickly corrected that, saying, "Oh no, Kurt! I'm thinking about how it will go when we 'go to the hospital'..." and to his credit he just laughed and said - drifting back to sleep after the oxygen returned to his lungs - "Don't be so hard on an old man."
Old man? As long as we're the same age (a narrow window of 4 months) he is not old... he is mature. He gets old on January 19th.
Ah... the bliss of creating my own reality. ;)
So... that is how the world looks on day '-1'. :) I'm going to drink lots of water and keep my feet up. Funny how those two seem to contraindicate one another at this point in my life... but it will be my goal nonetheless. :)
Have a great day, everyone! :)

No comments: