Thursday, October 11, 2007

Spaghetti AND...

We had another prenatal appointment today... and there is some progression - as the cervix is finally soft. My doctor also said, "Don't have the baby Saturday as I'm at a high-school reunion out of town." Kurt's jaw dropped and he actually said (out loud), "Oh no!" :) He's very loyal to his chosen physician, that husband of mine. (lol) So Baby Manz has been given an extension by his/her father until Sunday. Of course, Friday and Saturday weren't actually options anyway, as Kurt has promised to help dad again at the farm... but I think it makes Kurt feel better knowing that the doctor is waiting by his phone for our call even if we had to drive like maniacs into the city to have the baby. :)
The funny thing is that it has never, ever crossed my mind that the baby would/could actually come on the due date. I don't know if I've ever known anyone who was... until I talked to Baba this weekend and she told me that 2 of her 4 children were born on their due date. Sheesh! But at my friend Shiela's request - I'll try not to have the baby until she gets back from the far-north on Sunday. :)
So here we sit - 4 days left before the actual/potential due date. :) I've made a big batch of spaghetti sauce, and (brace yourselves) printed off a recipe for banana bread to bake. Yes - bake. Myself. (Dramatic music, please.) Maybe I'll take a picture. Maybe I'll just get my husband to write a glowing review of the carbohydrate feast... the possibilities are endless. Stay tuned!
(Mmmmm! Banana bread rocks!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!So...how did the banana bread taste?? (I already know you make a great spagettii sauce)
Glad you're feeling good. Nice pics of you and Kurt and baby to come. ;-D
Oh..and if Oscar decides he wants more attention than you can give him after the baby comes you can always bing him to the farm.....:-D
Love,mom xxxxxooooo

Mrs Manz said...

I didn't make it yet... I'm just PLANNING for it. :)
I printed TWO recipes - just to make sure one is 'makeable'. Probably tomorrow while Kurt is at the farm... I'll come out on Saturday (hopefully you will be able to visit/clean then... chuckle). Love you back, mom! :)

Mrs Manz said...

BTW: if anyone would have told me that I would be revealing my gynecological details online a few months ago I would have said they were insane... ;)